Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Rømø Denmark Meet 7-9 Sep 2018

Do you want to attend (just as a indication)

• Yes!

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We are planning a couple days in Belgium, to see Bruges, some other sites and visit @Auberg-ine too hopefully. I suspect we will be in Denmark by the 5th or 6th if all goes to plan.

We have purchased the ACSI book and app so hopefully that will serve us well.

I have a French critair sticker and a german Plakette but wasnt sure if there are Denmark equivilent we need? Or any toll roads etc?

The only toll road in Denmark is the bridge between the islands Fyn and Sjælland. And from Copenhagen (Sjælland) to Sweden. All roads are free, and entering cities is legal without any permission stickers.

Regarding Camping - if you go to Copenhagen, it is now illegal to park and sleep in a car that is made for this purpose on the public areas. It is OK to park and sleep in a normal family car, but not in a car with beds installed. It is a strange exception, that is not very well described (and not posted on any signs so far). I think the purpose was to eliminate big whites - but at the moment the law is actually written as it is illegal just to park a car with beds installed. Nevertheless, you should be aware if you want to make a stopover outside a stellplatz or camping in Copenhagen (in the middle of Copenhagen there is a Municipal called Frederiksberg, there the rule does not apply). In the rest of the country, you just follow local signs and restrictions, and you should be fine.

View attachment 35535 I am currently in Hirtshals and will be on the Ferry tomorrow to Norway. For all of you who are not aware (apologies if you are) open flames are currently not allowed in Denmark. We were shown this poster with the comments that if we were to be discovered by the authorities breaking these rules we could be fined between 3 and 10k DKK!
We used the cooking facilities on site which are free and are available at every Danish camp site. But they were pretty busy as you can imagine. You may want to take this info on board as most folks seem to think that theses rules will still be in place in September. So no candles, or grills outside your vans........no BBQ’s on the beach etc. :(

For now, the open fire ban has been called off almost in whole Denmark. So when we reach the meet is my impression we are all clear to barbecue ;-)

Just now a quite long (sorry) informative mail was sent to you all, with more or less important information upon the Meet. Please let me know if you did not receive the mail.

And what can I say … see you very very soon ;-)

This weekend I am driving to Spa for F1 and on the way home I will meet with Iben in Düssendof to see the new Crafter based California Grande (former XXL) in real life on the huge Caravan Show …

Received the mail thank you :)

I am happy to pay for electricity :)

Let's see what they say. Never camped a place where you pay for electricity if you did not use it. But of cause, if you need it, its another story ;-)

I guess I am just a smidge annoyed that they did not inform me right when I asked in February …

Just to inspire you all: Right now you can see Sort Sol (Black Sun) around Aventoft, Gotteskoog and Bundesgardersee (just south of the border in northern Germany). If you are on the road to Rømø it might be worth to make a late stop/sleepover in this area …

Got the mail , nice effort :thumb
Can't wait to meet everyone !
Have fun watching the Belgian F1 race in Spa , been there sevral times including a pitwalk...if you have a spare ticket let me know!;)

Got the mail , nice effort :thumb
Can't wait to meet everyone !
Have fun watching the Belgian F1 race in Spa , been there sevral times including a pitwalk...if you have a spare ticket let me know!;)

Guess I miss the pitwalk … would be nice to meet up, but I just got another ones spare ticket ;-)

Great info pack - Thanks. We are really looking forwards to Romo and meeting everyone. It feels like that good weather would be icing on the cake!
I think you mentioned this before but can not find the detail, but do we need Wellington boots for the OS? If so I need to buy some in Denmark (not Norway! Too expensive.) :D

Great info pack - Thanks. We are really looking forwards to Romo and meeting everyone. It feels like that good weather would be icing on the cake!
I think you mentioned this before but can not find the detail, but do we need Wellington boots for the OS? If so I need to buy some in Denmark (not Norway! Too expensive.) :D

Yes, wellingtons is a must because you walk on the seabed with, mud, sand and small ponds.

You can rent a pair at the organizer for 55 DKK. You need to send the request (size, and group you are attending) to Mette (mh@sortsafari.dk) not later than a week before, and pay cash on site. Please be sure to get a confirmation.

You can also buy an Oyster knife from her. This is 165 DKK.

Yes, wellingtons is a must because you walk on the seabed with, mud, sand and small ponds.

You can rent a pair at the organizer for 55 DKK. You need to send the request (size, and group you are attending) to Mette (mh@sortsafari.dk) not later than a week before, and pay cash on site. Please be sure to get a confirmation.

You can also buy an Oyster knife from her. This is 165 DKK.
Thanks Henrik for advice. Will sort and will be ready on the day, looking forwards!

Another question, are we better to get money before we attend, or can we just use ATMs in Denmark (and Europe).

Another question, are we better to get money before we attend, or can we just use ATMs in Denmark (and Europe).

Don't know anything about ratings or best value , but i got myself for about 250€ changed in DK here in Belgium last week .
I prefer to have some cash in my pocket.
Allthough € can be used in some places and then return money is DK (so i read)
I can imagine myself turning up at a smal site where no card payment is possible so DK in the pocket for peace of mind.

@MattBW , hope you have some good recepies with oysters...:D
Got my hands on one of these...
IMG_8636.JPG

Haha would you believe I’ve never tried oysters, I am not a big fan of seafood I should probably try them lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Don't know anything about ratings or best value , but i got myself for about 250€ changed in DK here in Belgium last week .
I prefer to have some cash in my pocket.
Allthough € can be used in some places and then return money is DK (so i read)
I can imagine myself turning up at a smal site where no card payment is possible so DK in the pocket for peace of mind.

You can pretty much pay with VISA, MasteCard, etc. anywhere. I rarely carry cash around anymore … but a few DKK is always good to have around. When I travel I always like to have a few € (or whatever) on me. Just been in Germany, Belguim and Holland and many Stellplatz/camping only accept cash.

Can I just withdraw cash in euros from an ATM once I get to France or Belgium? Same with DK?

Yes, there are normally plenty of ATM/cash machines around. As far as I can see there is an ATM in the shopping center just outside the camping. Sometimes you can also exchange directly at the reception. And many banks have machines available. But be aware that different fee may apply (some close to robbery).

@Kmann , how are the diesel prices in Denmark ? Better filling up in Germany or The Netherlands
Found info on www. 11,19 DK / liter diesel
You just been or still are in Germany , would be nice to hear who has the best diesel price ...
When we filled up in Belgium it was 1,1389€ and that i just saw today here in Holland also , not on the motorway but local stations that is.

@Kmann , how are the diesel prices in Denmark ? Better filling up in Germany or The Netherlands
Found info on www. 11,19 DK / liter diesel
You just been or still are in Germany , would be nice to hear who has the best diesel price ...
When we filled up in Belgium it was 1,1389€ and that i just saw today here in Holland also , not on the motorway but local stations that is.

To be honest I never really look … I think the prices are pretty much aligned. At the moment Belgium and Denmark are close to the same. Germany might be 5-10% lower. According to this webpage: https://www.feline.dk/artikler/dieselpriser-i-eu

Massive thunderstorm near Amersfoort last night, really scary. Didn’t have topper on but roof was fine.
Visited Campercentrum who sorted a wiper issue, and while we waited, just had to buy the little “bin” I blame @GillianC for that!
Looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday.

We are in Apeldoorn in Nederlands and it’s still so hot tonight. The temperature in the day time was 27c all the way from Brussels to Nederlands.

I will try to bring the sun with us but I think we have been lucky to keep it this long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massive thunderstorm near Amersfoort last night, really scary. Didn’t have topper on but roof was fine.
Visited Campercentrum who sorted a wiper issue, and while we waited, just had to buy the little “bin” I blame @GillianC for that!
Looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday.
I think Gillian might blame me!