Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OEM Radio for 2015 t5.1 comfortline

threetone

threetone

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi,
I have a t5.1 comfortline for 2015,

* Does any know which headunit came as standard on this model?

* Inculded is a picture of my dash, i understand that there a various different dash models around, how would you call mine ?

thanks!

C24A310B-77F6-4189-9128-1F5819EF6FE6.jpeg

Mine came with an RCD310 (with blue backlight instead of black/white like the newer ones), but I don't even think that unit was standard. It might be that at the time there wasn't even a radio from factory, only as option.
IMG_20160203_123944.jpg

The resource section on this site has downloadable sales literature from many years, you could probably find out via that resource.

Mine came with an RCD310 (with blue backlight instead of black/white like the newer ones), but I don't even think that unit was standard. It might be that at the time there wasn't even a radio from factory, only as option.
View attachment 67136
I believe the RCD310 was the ‘standard spec’ head unit for T5.1, at least in the UK. Optional upgrades were as follows, in increasing order by upgrade cost:
RCD510 - 6.5” colour touchscreen
RCD510 DAB - as RCD510, but with DAB radio
RNS510 - as RCD510, but with added SatNav, DVD media player and 30GB hard drive
RNS510 DAB - as RNS510, but with DAB Radio

There was then the digital TV tuner which you could add to the RNS510 (DAB) for a further £1200 upgrade. Our Cali has this and it’s pretty cool to be able to watch live TV.

I believe the RCD310 was the ‘standard spec’ head unit for T5.1, at least in the UK. Optional upgrades were as follows, in increasing order by upgrade cost:
RCD510 - 6.5” colour touchscreen
RCD510 DAB - as RCD510, but with DAB radio
RNS510 - as RCD510, but with added SatNav, DVD media player and 30GB hard drive
RNS510 DAB - as RNS510, but with DAB Radio

There was then the digital TV tuner which you could add to the RNS510 (DAB) for a further £1200 upgrade. Our Cali has this and it’s pretty cool to be able to watch live TV.
Just looked it up. I see as option: RCD310 + DAB. For just €440,44. So either the RCD310 without DAB was standard, or no unit at all. I don't know anymore. It's been too long. And as it was a van in stock, I didn't spec it.

Just looked it up. I see as option: RCD310 + DAB. For just €440,44. So either the RCD310 without DAB was standard, or no unit at all. I don't know anymore. It's been too long. And as it was a van in stock, I didn't spec it.
Darn, I missed that one. I think you could also get a RNS310, but not sure whether in a Cali. So many options...

Darn, I missed that one. I think you could also get a RNS310, but not sure whether in a Cali. So many options...
I think the UK and at least the Belgian California's don't have all the same units, as we Belgians have the Multivan (your Caravelle?) dashboard, so the square unit that clicks in.
You have the Transporter dashboard with the rounded screwed in units.

Back