Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oh no, I've broke my awning. Any hints to fix it??

MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Dear Cali Gurus,

Only had it 3 weeks and already made a hole in my beloved cali. Any diy gurus out there to give us se advice.

It wound in on an angle, and i thought, ooh, this is hard and then heard a crunch and the end of the awning punctured a whole in the casing, im heart broken :headbang:(:(:(
20190301_095638.jpg 20190301_095641.jpg

Don't panic you can buy the end caps from the club shop. You will probably have to ring them though I don't think they are online? May be wrong.
Thank you Matt, do they just easily clip off as I am USELESS at DIY or is it a garage job?

I've never replaced one as I have a Fiamma but I believe the end cap can simply be removed with awning in place. Wind out the awning a few inches, on the inside wall there should be fixing screws just unscrew and the end cap comes off.

Just had a quick look at mine for you, a bit older but if design the same then two screws, as MattBW said, one visible below the other hidden top left in this photo, I had to wind the awning right out to get sufficient access with the screw driver. Good luck let us know how you get on.IMG_3202.jpg

Could be a warrnty job if it went back in at a angle. Sounds like one of the support legs is loose on the runner which would let it slide a bit and then it won't wind in properley. Might be worht a try.

One screw, pop it off. Replace.

Easy to replace as said above, i think when i ordered a new front
cap for mine it came as a pair, front and rear.

Dear Cali Gurus,

Only had it 3 weeks and already made a hole in my beloved cali. Any diy gurus out there to give us se advice.

It wound in on an angle, and i thought, ooh, this is hard and then heard a crunch and the end of the awning punctured a whole in the casing, im heart broken :headbang:(:(:(
View attachment 41857 View attachment 41858
Parts Catalogue. Part 10
6B041765-5AFC-4711-83D0-E7469F7FFA9C.jpeg

Could be a warrnty job if it went back in at a angle. Sounds like one of the support legs is loose on the runner which would let it slide a bit and then it won't wind in properley. Might be worht a try.
Yes - almost certainly a loose support arm. We moved ours for the G3 residence room, and it’s a hit and miss to align them properly. If not correctly aligned the awning won’t wind in straight.

If the awning arm is loose, and you haven’t loosened it, warranty.

Yes - almost certainly a loose support arm. We moved ours for the G3 residence room, and it’s a hit and miss to align them properly. If not correctly aligned the awning won’t wind in straight.

If the awning arm is loose, and you haven’t loosened it, warranty.
Thank yiu. Yes, one of the arms does seem loose, can i tighten it? Thanks everyone for end cap replacement tips :thumb:thumb;):thumb;)

Pencil mark the arm position on the frame when it's sorted then if it comes loose you know where to position it.

Back