Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended 5 year Warranty, is it not available no more?

MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Dear Cali Gurus,

Im slightly confused in regards to extended warranty options;

I know the 5 year (2 years on top of the 3 year) warranty is a great thing to have from all the threads i have read. I therefore emailed my dealer asking how much to get an extended warranty, so has it now stopped ???

DIRECT FROM MY VW DEALER;

"Yes there is an extended warranty that you can purchase..
However, we don’t get given any of this info as we are not allowed to sell it,
What will happen is the warranty services will contact you on the last year of your warranty, and will ask if this is something you wish to have, then you will e able to find out how much it is and purchase it if you wanted"

DIRECT FROM VW WEBSITE; :shocked:punch:talktothehand, is this true they've stopped the extended warranty?
Screenshot_20180908-040550_Chrome.jpg
But this is also from the VW website so its slighly confusing??
Screenshot_20180908-092000_Chrome.jpg

I don't know if the factory extended warranty is still available at purchase but the extended warranty that you can buy later is not a cheap deal at all and many members think it is not worth the cost.

Wow, that wouldn't be funny. I bought mine at the end of May. Two year extension making five in total which was the maximum I could get. Would have gone for longer if it was available!

Sinclair Vans in Cardiff sold it to me on 12 Aug 2018 for about £350+vat. Didn’t get anything apart from a receipt though.

Sinclair Vans in Cardiff sold it to me on 12 Aug 2018 for about £350+vat. Didn’t get anything apart from a receipt though.
So does that mean they still do it??

We ordered our CaliO back in May (it is in production now) and at the time I asked for the extended warranty; the dealer wrote this down on the order form but explained that this is not part of the actual order to VW and that we will need to pay for this separate to paying for the Cali once we have taken delivery; the price written on my order form is £329 + VAT (this extends our warranty from 3 to 5 years for up to 80,000 miles).

If when it comes to picking up our Cali they tell me I can't have the warranty that was agreed on at the time of sale then I'm going to be pretty annoyed as this was part of the "transaction" so to speak and one of the contributing factors (albeit minor) for buying new.

We ordered our CaliO back in May (it is in production now) and at the time I asked for the extended warranty; the dealer wrote this down on the order form but explained that this is not part of the actual order to VW and that we will need to pay for this separate to paying for the Cali once we have taken delivery; the price written on my order form is £329 + VAT (this extends our warranty from 3 to 5 years for up to 80,000 miles).

If when it comes to picking up our Cali they tell me I can't have the warranty that was agreed on at the time of sale then I'm going to be pretty annoyed as this was part of the "transaction" so to speak and one of the contributing factors (albeit minor) for buying new.
If the dealer says they don't do it but people are still getting it, what should i do, really would love 2 extra years for £350

I bought the 2 yr extended warranty at the end of June without problem.

£329 + vat

When was your Beach registered as you have to purchase within 3 months of registration.

Although I bought my van 2 years ago I had “issues” with the dealer not knowing quite a few things about the Cali, including the extended warranty option. I took the info frlm VW website with me and insisted on sleakkng to a manager... yes, it was available, but also you had to pay for it within 3 months of collecting the vehicle and NOT at the end of the 3 years...
From the comments above it sounds like it is still available but your dealer, like mine was, does not know the details. I would suggest tou get the info together and then go to the dealer and don’t leave until you have the receipt!

When we paid for our Cali on collection we had two separate Vehicle Sales Invoices.
One appertaining to everything relevant to the factory build, a second one listing dealer fit options i.e. Bike rack, also listing other payments, warranty, service plan, delivery charges road fund licence and customer support (discount to you and I )
Just make sure it is itemised when paying on collection!

Interestingly things seem to have changed if you look at the VW commercial website there appear to be no extended 2-year warranty extensions but add-ons at 3 years old and more limited cover not the same as the original VW 3 warranty - I hope I am looking in the wrong place and I have missed it real shame for customers if this has changed.

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/e...er=warranties/extended-warranty-cover.display

Last edited:
Interestingly things seem to have changed if you look at the VW commercial website there appears to be no extended 2-year warranty extensions but add-ons at 3 years old and more limited cover not the same as the original VW 3 warranty - I hope I am looking in the wrong place and I have missed it real shame for customers if this has changed.
Agree, it's a shame if this has been withdrawn but offers come and go. Maybe it was for the T6 rollout and first 2/3 years.

My Dealer gave me the impression that VW UK would deal with it and send info through. Time passed and nothing came so I went on-line and it said I needed an Extended Warranty Offer ref. number, assumed that it was just a bit slow coming through. Waited a bit more then found that there was a 3 month deadline which I'd missed. Contacted VW and got told that as I was over 3 months no chance. Explained how I was misinformed and had tried but still got nowhere. Didn't find VWCS at all helpful this being the second time I'd dealt with them.

Just found this online website and the pdf.

Screenshot_20180908-133203_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's the old deal that has been running for years, very expensive.

Are you sure? Factory extended warranty for extra 2 years or upto 80,000 for £329 + vat.

When was your Beach registered as you have to purchase within 3 months of registration.
Hi Les,

Its not even left the factory yet, was suppose to leave last week and confused why my dealer has stated "there not allowed to sell the wareanty"?

Are you sure? Factory extended warranty for extra 2 years or upto 80,000 for £329 + vat.
yes, that is cheap for the extra 2 years warranty taken whilst the van is less than 3 years old, I thought it was for the warranty you can buy after 3 years.
However looking at the PDF you posted the cheap offer has expired, it says until 30th June 2018.

*Whichever is soonest. †Example based on 12 months’ cover, £200 excess, 80k miles and £2.5k claim limit. Quotes obtained in 2015. ^Available from 1st April 2017 – 30th June 2018. Their prices are indicative and may vary up or down depending on parameters chosen (such as engine size, mileage, excess, maximum labour rate allowed, type of garage chosen, etc) and so may not be directly comparable with Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles’ single cover level.

Oh, VW, why do you makes things hard. So they have an extrnded warranty which you buy at near the end of the 3 year warranty and they have the "Factory extended warranty" which has to be bought with 3 months of registration. Yes, im im confused as well.

So is the Factory extneded warranty 'live' as its still on their website? And i love this line from the website "easy to arrange with your local Van Centre"
If only.....
https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/service-accessories/warranties/extended-warranty.html

Very confusing Mark, I would say the factory extended warranty option whilst still showing on the link has ended 30th June as stated by your dealer. Very poor from VW.
One plus point is its £395 you don't have to find in the next 3 months. :thumb

Very confusing Mark, I would say the factory extended warranty option whilst still showing on the link has ended 30th June as stated by your dealer. Very poor from VW.
One plus point is its £395 you don't have to find in the next 3 months. :thumb
I like your '''every cloud has a silver lining" attiude and very good point!!!! :thumb

An observation.

This thread along with quite a few others bring up questions/problems with various issues that result in the belief that VW Customer Care, especially in relation to California’s is awful compared to other dealers.

I suspect the reality is that the Cali is far more complicated than most vehicles and therefore throws up way more issues. Combine this with the level of knowledge and scrutiny on this BB and they seem even more incompetent.

Take this topic. If you’d bought almost any other vehicle and not been aware of extended warranties your attention would never have brought to it. So no problem.

Our problems are therefore on many occasions highlighting issues that may prevent problems or provide an opportunity.

Who buys a Renault etc and spends hours if not days and weeks on a B.B.?

Mike

An observation.

This thread along with quite a few others bring up questions/problems with various issues that result in the belief that VW Customer Care, especially in relation to California’s is awful compared to other dealers.

I suspect the reality is that the Cali is far more complicated than most vehicles and therefore throws up way more issues. Combine this with the level of knowledge and scrutiny on this BB and they seem even more incompetent.

Take this topic. If you’d bought almost any other vehicle and not been aware of extended warranties your attention would never have brought to it. So no problem.

Our problems are therefore on many occasions highlighting issues that may prevent problems or provide an opportunity.

Who buys a Renault etc and spends hours if not days and weeks on a B.B.?

Mike
Going to embaress myself now Mike, but what does B.B. stand for, i googled BB forum and it went to a either a Bodybuilding, Big Brother or a Bed and Breakfast forum so thought i best ask :help

Back