Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended 5 year Warranty, is it not available no more?

So can someone clarify this for me

“A lower mileage option is available for a reduced cost, this covers up to 5 years or 80K miles, whichever comes first. The Cover includes a two year unlimited mileage warranty, 100k miles in the third year and up to 80K miles in years four and five”

So are they saying that your covered with your normal 3 years warranty for any mileage and then 80,000 miles in years 4+5 so effectively 40K a year??

Nope, it’s a total maximum mileage of 80K from 5 years of DOR.

Nope, it’s a total maximum mileage of 80K from 5 years of DOR.

So whats all the bit about the two year unlimited mileage, 100k miles in the 3rd year?? if you've done that then your over the 80k miles in year 4+5

So whats all the bit about the two year unlimited mileage, 100k miles in the 3rd year?? if you've done that then your over the 80k miles in year 4+5

My understanding is that the Cali comes with a 3 year / 100k warranty.

The extended warranty provides an extra 2 years but is limited to 80k.

If you’re going to go over 80k in the first 3 years there is no point getting the extended warranty.

Nope, once you get to 80k miles, your cover runs out (if you buy the lower cost 80k option).

My understanding is that the Cali comes with a 3 year / 100k warranty.

The extended warranty provides an extra 2 years but is limited to 80k.

If you’re going to go over 80k in the first 3 years there is no point getting the extended warranty.
Of course if you anticipate exceeding 80k there is the more expensive option that allows up to 150k.

Yep, you need to buy the 150K policy. I don’t think you can ‘upgrade’, so if you think the vehicle will cover more than 80K miles in 5 years, you need to buy the 150K policy now.

So can someone clarify this for me

“A lower mileage option is available for a reduced cost, this covers up to 5 years or 80K miles, whichever comes first. The Cover includes a two year unlimited mileage warranty, 100k miles in the third year and up to 80K miles in years four and five”

So are they saying that your covered with your normal 3 years warranty for any mileage and then 80,000 miles in years 4+5 so effectively 40K a year??
Somehow I don’t think so. But could be wrong.

I bought the 80k miles version today. I was offered 3 options.
1. The 5 year 80k miles one I bought
2. Extend the mileage for the 3 year standard version that comes automatically with the van (sorry I can’t remember the mileage it allowed) ‍♀️
3. 5 year extended but with a higher c100k mileage but this option was about £600

Most Cali's I would have thought wont do 80k in five years, will they? I've just sold mine at two years old with 9k on it and the one before that at 18months old with 9k. With that in mind the reduced 80k five year would suit my cali ownership needs.

I took out the extended 5-year / 80k mile warranty with my new van in July this year. It was explained to me, and the documentation I saw tallies, that:
- You get years 1 and 2 unlimited mileage warranty as any new van would.
- Year three, the total mileage is capped at 100k, i.e. you have "3 years or 100k miles", whichever comes first.
Years 4 and 5, the total mileage cap is now only 80k, i.e you have "5 years or 80k miles", whichever comes first.
So if you do high mileage it is possible that you won't get the full 5 years covered e.g. if you average 20k/yr you'll have run out of warranty after 4 years even though you notionally bought a 5-year warranty.

But you can average 16k/yr and still be covered for the full 5 years. I figured we'd probably be ok at that, but even if we do more miles than expected and it runs out a bit sooner it was still a pretty good deal.

Sinclair Vans in Cardiff sold it to me on 12 Aug 2018 for about £350+vat. Didn’t get anything apart from a receipt though.

Same here. Purchased from Sinclair vans Cardiff end of June 2018. Just got a receipt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased the 80K/5 Year option yesterday in the end as I only have a couple of weeks left before my 3 months is up. I reckon I'll average around 15K a year as its my daily drive also

Was sent certificate via email and receipt in the post.

Just purchased the 5th year warranty today for £30. It’s available but doesn’t seem to be offered as standard by the dealers. At £30, that might just be the reason.

Back