Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended 5 year Warranty, is it not available no more?

I got this today forwarded from my dealer, its from VWCV to them

I have had a look at our master records and I can see vehicle’s details have been sent to Germany to be added to the correct systems – this is confirmation that we have the customer details and it is being processed.

Unfortunately we did not have anything in place at the time to generate a confirmation of purchase for the customer. The only thing the customer would have is their invoice. When the vehicles’ details are uploaded onto Elsa Pro then you will be able to provide a screenshot to them?

If it helps I got a PDF for my service deal and an email as below for the warranty. Hardly an embossed pretty Certificate but something.

c518d98743f3cc04faa6c912e5b562fd.png

Mike

Ahhh - 5 years peace of mind! :):):):):)

If it helps I got a PDF for my service deal and an email as below for the warranty. Hardly an embossed pretty Certificate but something.

c518d98743f3cc04faa6c912e5b562fd.png

Mike

This is the same (well similar) to what I've got. Printed off and put in my service book.

I have the 5-yr warranty. I don't have any paperwork, except the invoice. I double-checked with vwcs. It does take up to 3 months to be registered & it is on a different system. But I do have it..

The 4th-5th year warranties are nothing to do with the dealers and they can’t access them on the normal VW system.
They have to log onto the VW Germany factory where all the details are held. All you get is literally a receipt from the dealer.
I only know this because recently I wanted to check mine was covered and I had to call two different dealers and SMG were the only ones who knew how it works.
It’s not a 3 party warranty but actual VW In Germany.
Hope this settles your queries.
You are correct about access and different computer services. The dealer can not access the German system where your warranty should be registered. Your details are put onto the German computer by VWCS. So that means you need some communication from VWCS confirming your vehicle is registered on the German system. I had to nudge my dealer to get this confirmation for me. I now have a copy email from VWCS confirming registration of my Cali. Happy to post copy here if you need.

I have tried to get info about whether this is available in Sweden, but two Swedish dealers have said that it is only possible to buy the extended warranty if you sign up for a service contract.

Does anyone know if it should be available in all of Europe? And if so, how do I prove this to lazy/ignorant dealers in Sweden?

Would be interesting to see the email and confirmation, thanks.

Here is mine from VWCS UK if it helps. I bought mine in Germany in Sept 17 so wanted to make sure it showed up on the UK system:

c0050b8826ec7a7541e733f9f723909d.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A lot of dealers don't sell the factory extended warranty as they don't earn any money for them, hence why you will be offered a "dealer extended" warranty as it's a revenue stream for them. Good to ask your dealer if they are willing to sell the factory one, it will tell you a bit more of the dealer group attitude....

Not VW but had a very uncomfortable 2 hours once filming a customer who had discovered he'd been sold a warranty by a very slimy sales exec when he was actually entitled to one foc.

Very uncomfortable all round, particularly as he knew the manufacturer was seeing the covert video & made a very cogent argument about the dealership's sharp practice. Think that dealership is no more...

Just to be clear. Dealers do not sell (promote) the VW factory extended warranty. It is not in their interest. That dose not stop you buying one! Please note use of my words ‘sell’ and ‘buy’. To a salesman you buying is not the same as him/her selling. There is a subtle difference. (provided the factory still offers an extended warranty).

Yes, but who do I buy it from?

Hi all, I’ve just placed my order for the Ocean and after reading this post I asked the dealer who has now added the extended 2 year warranty to my order. Offer was:

12 month extension (120k miles) £299
24 month extension (80k miles) £329
24 month extension (150k miles) £649

Yeah, difficult since he claims that it is not available in Sweden...
It’s true. Not available in all countries. I guess that is to do with pricing and marketing policies. :(

I have now asked my dealer 3 times to send me info on the extended warranty and still not had any info through

So can someone clarify this for me

“A lower mileage option is available for a reduced cost, this covers up to 5 years or 80K miles, whichever comes first. The Cover includes a two year unlimited mileage warranty, 100k miles in the third year and up to 80K miles in years four and five”

So are they saying that your covered with your normal 3 years warranty for any mileage and then 80,000 miles in years 4+5 so effectively 40K a year??

Back