Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oil Temp

dayslikethis

dayslikethis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Anybody ever noticed a difference in temp reading between the dashboard dial at 90 and MFD which sometimes shows 100-105?

isn't the temp in the rev counter water & the temp in the MFD oil?

OK thanks - what should the oil temp normally read any ideas?
Can't remember exactly but around 100 seems about right. What I have noticed and presumed to be normal is the rapid rise in oil temp by 5 degrees or so going up hills etc.

Can't remember exactly but around 100 seems about right. What I have noticed and presumed to be normal is the rapid rise in oil temp by 5 degrees or so going up hills etc.
Thank you so much reassured and corrected!!
The power of the forum :thefinger

If you want the two to be consistent try putting oil in the water and vice versa ...

another useful granny tip ....

The oil temp varies depending on your driving and on how hard the engine is working. On a long motorway haul it will rise to about 100-104C. Short hauls and around town to about 95-98C. It you tow something regularly then it can get hotter.

The water temp gauge should stay at 90C (mid scale) and not vary at all as the electric radiator fans will control this.

Don't worry the Cali will look after itself well enough.

Alan

The oil temp varies depending on your driving and on how hard the engine is working. On a long motorway haul it will rise to about 100-104C. Short hauls and around town to about 95-98C. It you tow something regularly then it can get hotter.

The water temp gauge should stay at 90C (mid scale) and not vary at all as the electric radiator fans will control this.

Don't worry the Cali will look after itself well enough.

Alan
Really helpful, thank you.

I have T6 Ocean 204 ps automatic and the oil temp on a motorway being driven quite hard can go up to 108 degrees - is this normal. The water temp is steady at 90 on the gauge but when I stop the electric fan usually comes on - again is this normal. Appreciate any thoughts please.

I have T6 Ocean 204 ps automatic and the oil temp on a motorway being driven quite hard can go up to 108 degrees - is this normal. The water temp is steady at 90 on the gauge but when I stop the electric fan usually comes on - again is this normal. Appreciate any thoughts please.

I would say yes. Mine can go to 112 with my caravan on the back.

Back