Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ok guys....fridge

Fridges seem to have gone up a lot recently (Euro? weather? season starting?), but I needed to man-up and sort one out for the summer.

Partly based on @Ignazio s enthusiasm, and partly by being so utterly confused by Waeco / Dometic product marketing - CF, CDF, CFX, WTF - I've chosen the slightly smaller Webasto / Indel Travel Box TB31 which is now winging it's way up from Doncaster.

I've had several excellent Webasto products before, it looks to be the right size & shape for us behind the passenger seat (two-seat bench Beach multiflex board is a lot lower than the three-seat, gave up on finding one for the boot) and this nice looking Italian family seem pleased with theirs ;):

Pics, thoughts & wiring diagrams to follow when we get back from (non-Cali) holiday next week.

Do you mind me asking where you bought from? I am looking at all sorts but can't find a UK Indel supplier - thanks

Im suprised that more cali forum members dont get in touch with us to supply the indel / webasto TB range. We guarantee to be the cheapest in the UK.

Do you mind me asking where you bought from? I am looking at all sorts but can't find a UK Indel supplier - thanks

There's an one on eBay referred to as a only a TB31 & unbranded which I decided against, so mine came direct from Webasto UK webstore: http://www.shopwebasto.co.uk/travel-boxes

£434.34 + £12.60 TNT delivery = £446.94

It was here when I got back from holiday, not had chance to check it in the van yet, but it runs very quietly off the mains on my kitchen table & seemed to get very cold very quickly - left it turned off overnight & the yesterdays ice-cubes had melted but were still cold water.

Buttons & LED display are very straightforward & it's not too heavy to lug about (empty) now I've attached the handles. Will post some pictures once it's in the van at the weekend and hardwired to the battery as per Matt & MaxFelix recent posts.

Hard wiring it has made a big difference for sure with my waeco, the CTEK adapters were a great idea too and I've also fitted them to my suitcase solar panel. They weren't as cheap as wiring myself but I am liking the finish which looks so professional compared to my own wiring. :)

Look forward to hearing how you get on with the Webasto, if I was buying again I'd certainly consider them first.

Im suprised that more cali forum members dont get in touch with us to supply the indel / webasto TB range. We guarantee to be the cheapest in the UK.

Can you post up a list of suitable models and prices you have?

Are there VIP discounts?

Thanks Matt. :)

One things for sure - compared to what you can buy a bl**dy great big domestic fridge for - these portable fridges are silly money! ;)

Yeah agreed, but a bit like the parking heaters, once you have one its impossible not to love them.

Thanks Matt. :)

One things for sure - compared to what you can buy a bl**dy great big domestic fridge for - these portable fridges are silly money! ;)

Your not wrong.
We are looking at a replacement now.

Whats the general consensus. Waeco or Webasto...?
I need to get mine in the boot and on a rail system. Looking to order asap.
Anyone know if the CFX-35 fits under the 3 seater multi flex with a bit of room for rails...???

@SlidePods

Any quotes available as per posts above? - a few of us waiting I think. :)

I've ended up ordering direct with Webasto. Only downside is delivery not until first week of July.

I'm waiting til I've used my TB31 properly over the next three weekends & have finished hardwiring it to the leisure battery to report, but so far so good.

I've been PM'ing with a forum friend who wanted to know if you could stand a wine bottle up in a TB31 & the answer is yes, but only two in the indents (though six+ would lie down though, phew). And yes, I know it's red!

Will maybe remove the handles, we'll see.

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4901.JPG

IMG_4898.JPG

IMG_4897.JPG

IMG_4899.JPG

Hirsty
The 31 look bigger than I thought it would be. Ive ordered the 41, will post some pics, once it arrives

The website & instructions make out that all three sizes of Webasto / Indel B TB have the same footprint, but just get taller as capacity increases.

Ideally I'd have liked your option to slide under the multiflex board in the back, but no chance with a low-slung two seat bench - I couldn't find any that was shallow enough.

My fused ring terminal leads have arrived from Amazon today so I hope to have some progress on hardwiring it onto the leisure battery to share on the other thread shortly ...

Hirsty, why not just pop it in this position?:

Building a kitchen pod for the Beach

img_3589-jpg.15477

We took the box out of course as we had the pod but this still leaves you the wide bed at elbow point or just move the fridge to the floor when you sleep. If we find a Beach this is where I planned to put it and simply make a new short front cushion for the front of the box. You should still be able to access it?

Hi Guys can you please direct your enquiry's to info@slidepods.co.uk as it is I (Jonny that does the forum bits) and Tracey (our office manager) who is the keeper of price lists and sender of quotes :thumb
Just to be clear about our price match policy... Obviously it must be an isotherm/webasto coolbox and it must be in stock from an approved webasto agent. We have seen a few grey imports that we just cant touch on price (on ebay of course) but there will be no warranty with these units what so ever :thanks

But can you just post up your current price on the equivalent 31L (ie whatever Waeco/Mobicool or whatever their name is this week?! ;) ) model linked above?

Sorry newbie question. Hirsty (and others) how do you fix/secure these things to the floor?

The only simple options I've seen are either tie down using the lashing points or something more elegant (and expensive) like the Maxxcamp floor fitting system. The trouble with the Maxxcamp option, apart from price, is being limited to 3 fridge options...Waeco FR35 and CF35 and 40.

No rush as I've only ordered today so have about 6 months to sort a fridge out ;)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sorry newbie question. Hirsty (and others) how do you fix/secure these things to the floor?

The only simple options I've seen are either tie down using the lashing points or something more elegant (and expensive) like the Maxxcamp floor fitting system. The trouble with the Maxxcamp option, apart from price, is being limited to 3 fridge options...Waeco FR35 and CF35 and 40.

No rush as I've only ordered today so have about 6 months to sort a fridge out ;)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I have just looked at the maxxcamp fixing. That is so easy to make but instead of the two plates that attach to the handle fixings use a webbing strap. Where do these companies come up with their prices, 257 euros!!

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 20.20.29.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 20.15.32.png

Back