Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Only ten left!

I think you'd maybe get a bit more than that if you aren't in a rush and want to take advantage of the market.

With night heater and LEDs, I’d take a stab at around 44-45k?
I’d possibly remove the Slidepod and either sell it separately or by separate negotiation.
You'd have nothing to lose in trying.

Maybe I’m a bit low then...

So while we’re at it...
Beach Edition
June 2018
13406 miles
35 months warranty left.

Whats it worth?

Maybe I’m a bit low then...

So while we’re at it...
Beach Edition
June 2018
13406 miles
35 months warranty left.

Whats it worth?
Not a penny more than someone's prepared to pay for it. But since you or anyone else for that matter, does't know what that figure is, then you'll have to come up with one. In the current feeding frenzy for campervans, especially the Beach, perhaps around the £50k mark. What's the worst that could happen? You have said that you are thinking of selling which implies that you are interested but not that bothered if it doesn't sell. I'd be tempted to try my arm for the price of an advert. There seems to be no shortage of deep pocketed buyers out there at present so go for it. Full report required.

Not a penny more than someone's prepared to pay for it. But since you or anyone else for that matter, does't know what that figure is, then you'll have to come up with one. In the current feeding frenzy for campervans, especially the Beach, perhaps around the £50k mark. What's the worst that could happen? You have said that you are thinking of selling which implies that you are interested but not that bothered if it doesn't sell. I'd be tempted to try my arm for the price of an advert. There seems to be no shortage of deep pocketed buyers out there at present so go for it. Full report required.
I have been mulling over whether to sell our Ocean but keep coming back to the argument as to what it will cost to replace. I would want around 53k for a 69 plate 150 manual possibly gambling on new prices falling next year if and when a recession hits. I wonder how much longer the feeding frenzie will last.

I have been mulling over whether to sell our Ocean but keep coming back to the argument as to what it will cost to replace. I would want around 53k for a 69 plate 150 manual possibly gambling on new prices falling next year if and when a recession hits. I wonder how much longer the feeding frenzie will last.
I don't know. I suppose that will depend on how quickly the foreign holiday market returns to something like it was before, linked of course to the return of peoples' confidence in travelling abroad. With carriers and holiday providers having taken a massive hit that may be some time yet. Prices at the moment appear to be way up on what they were pre-covid. So I guess the staycation is here to stay for a while, probably until the end of this year at least.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you contemplating selling a 69 plate Ocean?

I don't know. I suppose that will depend on how quickly the foreign holiday market returns to something like it was before, linked of course to the return of peoples' confidence in travelling abroad. With carriers and holiday providers having taken a massive hit that may be some time yet. Prices at the moment appear to be way up on what they were pre-covid. So I guess the staycation is here to stay for a while, probably until the end of this year at least.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you contemplating selling a 69 plate Ocean?
Or the British weather...I bet some new Cali owners will now be wishing they had booked that villa in Marbella.

Looking for a Beach ?

Yikes, Cali's have become commodities!

I reckon theres about 4 weeks left of buyers desperate to get away with kids during the school holidays.
New orders are available for late October with healthy discounts.

Todays high secondhand prices are to buyers desperate to get away now.
We will have had a couple of weeks away by early August & might put our SE up for sale at a high price on our return, see if we can catch a late buyer & then wait for delivery of our new one in the Autumn.

No I don't mind Borris.

We bought our Ocean with the plan of me retiring early and spending a lot of time in the Med with Mrs K still working either from my location or flying out for long weekends. I love the finish and the electro hydraulic roof was a real attraction for solo camping.

Now after Covid I will have to work for a few more years due to the hit my pensions have taken and I don't think we plan far enough in advance to get the use out of it we should but as I said its something I keep thinking about especially in a strong market.. We don't need the cash but I don't want to spend another winter trying to ignore it on the drive if the weather is wet.

No I don't mind Borris.

We bought our Ocean with the plan of me retiring early and spending a lot of time in the Med with Mrs K still working either from my location or flying out for long weekends. I love the finish and the electro hydraulic roof was a real attraction for solo camping.

Now after Covid I will have to work for a few more years due to the hit my pensions have taken and I don't think we plan far enough in advance to get the use out of it we should but as I said its something I keep thinking about especially in a strong market.. We don't need the cash but I don't want to spend another winter trying to ignore it on the drive if the weather is wet.
Well I know what you mean. We bought our van nearly nine months ago and mainly due to covid, it's still done less than 1500 miles. Pathetic!

However, in our case we are in it for the long term. Anyway we couldn't buy another Beach with the same spec if we sold this one. We intend to get out and use it more now that we are able to.

What ever you decide I hope it works out for you. :thumb

SMG offered me 40k for my Beach yesterday.

A couple of hundred quid more than WBAC.

4 Beaches in the used network.

Either they are selling as quickly as they enter the dealers or not many people are having end of season second thoughts.

Prices seem silly too...

IMO people who have bought due to the current travel restrictions will unload once they can fly freely again, then prices will reduce, hopefully :thumb

IMO people who have bought due to the current travel restrictions will unload once they can fly freely again, then prices will reduce, hopefully :thumb
Unless no deal tariffs kick in, in which case prices will remain buoyant.

Also not sure overseas holidays en masse are coming back anytime soon. You just have to look at travel company valuations to see that - partly significant short term liquidity challenges, partly reduced longer term demand is expected by the markets.

Unless no deal tariffs kick in, in which case prices will remain buoyant.

Also not sure overseas holidays en masse are coming back anytime soon. You just have to look at travel company valuations to see that - partly significant short term liquidity challenges, partly reduced longer term demand is expected by the markets.
But will you need Travel Companies in the future? All you need nowadays is a smart phone and internet and you can book anything in the UK or the other side of the world. Things have changed and people will not be put off from their fortnight in the sun once travel restrictions etc: are consigned to the bin. Mind you, that does depend on them being able to afford it, and that is another factor to be taken into account. Interesting times ahead.

Don’t see it happening next year, too many people losing their jobs so won’t have the income, also think a lot won’t fly until 2022, time will tell. Personally we are looking forward to being able to use our Cali freely as we are used to, we only managed around 7000 miles this year.

Back