Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OUG9 Update

T

testpilottimmy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
OTA OUG9 update started on my Ocean this morning - hopefully this will fix the issues with Waze and Google maps

The screen would pixelate after 5-10 minutes. Looking into the issue, I believe there was/is a frame rate negotiation issue - newer versions of Waze and Google maps would default to 60fps and the VW would not negotiate and default to 30fps, this results in a buffer overrun, causing the pixelation. Many other VAG cars experience the same issue and there have been fixes out for a while, but required dealer updates. I tried to get mine updated but the dealer was superbly useless (with that and a number of other things)

I ask because we hired a MY22 Ocean in March and used CarPlay with Google Maps extensively without any issues; collecting my Ocean tomorrow and will be relying on Google Maps via CarPlay to get home home!

The issue started to manifest in march / April after an iOS update. Apple Maps has worked without issue throughout, if you do have an issue, restart the navigation by holding down the power button for 30 seconds and use Apple Maps instead.

The issue started to manifest in march / April after an iOS update. Apple Maps has worked without issue throughout, if you do have an issue, restart the navigation by holding down the power button for 30 seconds and use Apple Maps instead.
How long does the OTTA update take and is it something that can be manually triggered, or is it a "as and when" thing?

It’s as and when - downloads while driving, then installs when you switch off, it usually advises not to use the vehicle for 10 minutes. It then takes about her 5 or so at star up for it to work.
If you are picking up a new van, in theory you should have the latest updates . . .

This update only seems to have updated the built in maps - I’ll need to drive the van to see if the other issues have been fixed, but I’m not hopeful, as the main software version has not changed

Back