Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our new California Adventures Channel

Thank you, we are definitely going to steal that idea! It looks so tidy!

Thanks!

I also use a small tray (ikea again) on top of the fridge so I can simply lift the tray when I need to get into the fridge rather than move lots of ‘stuff’ individually... The tray handily fits upside down on top of the kitchen drawer when not in use, and I stuck some furry pads on the underside so as not to scratch the worktop, which in fact stop it moving about as well, useful.

IMG_1405.jpg

The kettle is an Outwell foldable one, which then fits into the washbowl when not needed, saving valuable cupboard space!

IMG_1406.jpg

Thanks!

I also use a small tray (ikea again) on top of the fridge so I can simply lift the tray when I need to get into the fridge rather than move lots of ‘stuff’ individually... The tray handily fits upside down on top of the kitchen drawer when not in use, and I stuck some furry pads on the underside so as not to scratch the worktop, which in fact stop it moving about as well, useful.

View attachment 19805

The kettle is an Outwell foldable one, which then fits into the washbowl when not needed, saving valuable cupboard space!

View attachment 19806
I put my Outwell kettle in the same place but upside down, I bought the bigger one.

We are stiill deciding where everything should go but so far the agreed sections seem to be. Bedding in the wardrobe, overhead locker for clothes and wash gear, dry goods in left under sink, rear cupboard from top to bottom is waterproofs and wind proofs, electric hookup x2, and sundries in a tray. Decisions are ongoing ;)

I do like the idea of stickers on the fridge though may have to suggest that at the next camper AGM. :)

..message ends...

Great photos and it's good to see how everyone organises the space. At the moment our only experience has been a couple of days in our 'Try Before You Buy' camper when we didn't have our own things with us. Getting some great ideas for when Cali arrives.

Hi Shaun

I done the sticker thing on an old van, lost them when I sold it.
I always pick up stickers/fridge magnets from places I have visited, and now I have a funky cool box I use to stick them on.
I also have a crochet blanket wrapped over the boring grey ceiling (not everyone's taste) but makes me happy
Think your local so will keep an eye out for you (I'm in Southampton)
Keep up the cool films.

Yeah it sure is, a great dog walking beach!
I had my first introduction to gambling on Hayling Beach in 1972.

I won sufficient tokens at the penny arcade at the funfair to exchange for a brown, orange and yellow biscuit tin. I gave that tin to my mother the next day for her 35th birthday - she still has it now at her house in Emsworth and gives my boys biscuits from it when we visit. The best penny I ever spent.

Most of you will know what a Cali looks like inside but for those of you who are curious, take a peek inside our California...

Hey. Very nice video. Perfect to ease the waiting for my Cali Coast - in building atm :) Did you forget to upload this video to YouTube? I don't see it there. Bye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Shaun

I done the sticker thing on an old van, lost them when I sold it.
I always pick up stickers/fridge magnets from places I have visited, and now I have a funky cool box I use to stick them on.
I also have a crochet blanket wrapped over the boring grey ceiling (not everyone's taste) but makes me happy
Think your local so will keep an eye out for you (I'm in Southampton)
Keep up the cool films.

Some great ideas there! Love the roof. Yeah I will keep my eyes peeled, we are just between Soton and Fareham

I had my first introduction to gambling on Hayling Beach in 1972.

I won sufficient tokens at the penny arcade at the funfair to exchange for a brown, orange and yellow biscuit tin. I gave that tin to my mother the next day for her 35th birthday - she still has it now at her house in Emsworth and gives my boys biscuits from it when we visit. The best penny I ever spent.

That's great that she still has it! Great memories!

Hey. Very nice video. Perfect to ease the waiting for my Cali Coast - in building atm :) Did you forget to upload this video to YouTube? I don't see it there. Bye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for watching, it should be there still... try searching - VW California van tour

Great news! Pitch 7 is a good pitch
Safely tucked up in Molly after a day in Salisbury a walk and a lovely dinner at the Boot Inn.

Trip is to celebrate Jane's birthday (yes that one) and I have a couple of surprises in stock
Box of Thornton Chocolates on booking in and boots now drying out after our walk home.
789cab0d6cab73b287141867f67b7841.jpg

Slow start tomorrow with a walk to Stonehenge then for something a little more adventurous

Mike

I put my Outwell kettle in the same place but upside down, I bought the bigger one.

We are stiill deciding where everything should go but so far the agreed sections seem to be. Bedding in the wardrobe, overhead locker for clothes and wash gear, dry goods in left under sink, rear cupboard from top to bottom is waterproofs and wind proofs, electric hookup x2, and sundries in a tray. Decisions are ongoing ;)

I do like the idea of stickers on the fridge though may have to suggest that at the next camper AGM. :)

..message ends...
Be careful how much "stuff" you put in the overhead locker, it has a weight limit of 2.5kg.[/QUOTE]

Be careful how much "stuff" you put in the overhead locker, it has a weight limit of 2.5kg.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten! (I've got books and magazines in there at the moment :oops:)

Be careful how much "stuff" you put in the overhead locker, it has a weight limit of 2.5kg.

Thanks I didn't realise that, I think we should be well below that.
At the moment we are only going for weekends Fri-Sun. In April sometime we are planning a longer trip to Islay and Skye. We may have to rethink the packing but still wont need that much extra.

..me..

Last edited:
Safely tucked up in Molly after a day in Salisbury a walk and a lovely dinner at the Boot Inn.

Trip is to celebrate Jane's birthday (yes that one) and I have a couple of surprises in stock
Box of Thornton Chocolates on booking in and boots now drying out after our walk home.
789cab0d6cab73b287141867f67b7841.jpg

Slow start tomorrow with a walk to Stonehenge then for something a little more adventurous

Mike

Ooooo are you enjoying the site?

Love the blanket idea! How do you fix it on @senna750 ?

I have one on the back seat that I made myself but this looks great.
Hi
Crochet blanket is pulled tight and tucked under roof bed mattress, and then stapled to wooden roof bed supports. I done it like that so it can be removed easily and there is no visable damage. So won't effect resale value. I love making the Cali into my own little funky van. I did convert an old work t5 years ago, which was cool and very individual. But you can't beat a Cali and putting your own stamp on it!

Hi
Crochet blanket is pulled tight and tucked under roof bed mattress, and then stapled to wooden roof bed supports. I done it like that so it can be removed easily and there is no visable damage. So won't effect resale value. I love making the Cali into my own little funky van. I did convert an old work t5 years ago, which was cool and very individual. But you can't beat a Cali and putting your own stamp on it!

I like your style @senna750 ! Might think about doing something similar with Luis (my van) even maybe a nice silk scarf or hamamm towel....

Most of you will know what a Cali looks like inside but for those of you who are curious, take a peek inside our California...

Hi Guys,
We are picking up our Cali on Friday and are so excited. Loved watching your video, lots of very handy information. We have a Golden Retriever called Stanley and are looking forward to many happy holidays with him, so were particularly interested in the section of the video with the dog ramp. Are you able to tell us which make of dog ramp you bought.
Thanks
Stanley and his folks.

Great video Shaun, (liked on Youtube) our Cali’s are such versatile vehicles, why oh why anyone drives around in a ‘normal’ car is beyond me!

When I pick the kids up from school I get there a bit early, take a flask of coffee and a book, or like you, some work, and sit in the back where no one can see me (window tints like yours)...happy days! What was previously a bit of a chore is now some very much needed chillax ‘me-time’ :) fabbo.

Hi Guys,
We are picking up our Cali on Friday and are so excited. Loved watching your video, lots of very handy information. We have a Golden Retriever called Stanley and are looking forward to many happy holidays with him, so were particularly interested in the section of the video with the dog ramp. Are you able to tell us which make of dog ramp you bought.
Thanks
Stanley and his folks.
Hi, thanks so much for watching. We look forward to seeing pictures of your new Cali, with Stanley in of course! This is the dog ramp we bought https://www.easyanimal.co.uk/solvit-tri-scope-dog-ramp.html#.WM2tDRicYnU it's not cheap but works perfectly for us. All the other brackets and stuff came from B&Q

Great video Shaun, (liked on Youtube) our Cali’s are such versatile vehicles, why oh why anyone drives around in a ‘normal’ car is beyond me!

When I pick the kids up from school I get there a bit early, take a flask of coffee and a book, or like you, some work, and sit in the back where no one can see me (window tints like yours)...happy days! What was previously a bit of a chore is now some very much needed chillax ‘me-time’ :) fabbo.

We agree! Just wish we had bought one sooner.

We like trying to recognise where you are. We live ' up the road ' near Stokes Bay'. Quite often cycle past there on a sunny day and up Posbrook lane. Us south coasters should get together for our own meet. There are a few of us now.

We are well up for that, I wonder how many we could get together?

Back