Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our new California Adventures Channel

Hi Shaun, Will you be at the Brean meet in May? That we sure make a good Vlog with all those Cali's in one place ?

Hi Shaun, Will you be at the Brean meet in May? That we sure make a good Vlog with all those Cali's in one place ?
I'd love to come to Brean but unfortunately work is in the way. I may possibly be able to head up just for the saturday to do a video if that's allowed but I won't know until near the end of April once I have my roster.

I'd love to come to Brean but unfortunately work is in the way. I may possibly be able to head up just for the saturday to do a video if that's allowed but I won't know until near the end of April once I have my roster.

That would be great for those not comming , you could make a video on it....:thumb

We are yet undecided we are coming , could be we come over to the UK for a day or ten ...hope so...

What beach was that vid shot at?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The eerie looking seas video was shot at Cliff Road near Hill Head in Hampshire and the Van Tour video was at Hayling Island in Hampshire

The guys at Stonehenge Campsite seem very happy with the video we did and have told us we can go for another holiday there for free! Fantastic news! Thanks to the guys that booked in as a result of the video, I think that helped a lot!

Hi Shaun

So will you be going to the romsey caravan and motorhome show next week too? It's mainly big whites there, but they do normally have handy camping stuff for sale. You could do a blog, plus its dog friendly (well it was last time) Bentley maybe missing the lime light!

Hi Shaun

So will you be going to the romsey caravan and motorhome show next week too? It's mainly big whites there, but they do normally have handy camping stuff for sale. You could do a blog, plus its dog friendly (well it was last time) Bentley maybe missing the lime light!

I'm afraid we are both working next weekend so we won't be able to make it.
Keep the suggestions coming though in case we don't know about an event that's going on.

Keep the suggestions coming though in case we don't know about an event that's going on.

There's a once-a-lifetime meet coming in three weeks....in Hannover Germany!
Factory visit :D

Work in the way again annoyingly!

Shame ....
But on the other hand , no pictures or filming in the factory's so ....
Although i am gonna try and ask to take a pic.

Romsey broadlands show is on fri-Sunday it's more of a show for big whites, but if you have an hour or two to kill then a wander around is interesting. Plus they have some good gadgets normally on sale.

Brean sands club meet next month, says they are expecting 50+ Cali's , should be a great sight to see

Romsey broadlands show is on fri-Sunday it's more of a show for big whites, but if you have an hour or two to kill then a wander around is interesting. Plus they have some good gadgets normally on sale.
We both work shifts and my six day cycle starts on Thursday this week unfortunately otherwise we'd take a look.

Brean sands club meet next month, says they are expecting 50+ Cali's , should be a great sight to see

I really want to get to this. I can't make the whole weekend but I'm wondering if I may be able to come for a day to film it.

Really a shame you are getting yourselfs TV in the Cali ....the most ridicules gadget on a Cali ever ...imo .
The first of your video's i FFW to see if anything else intrested was in , it wasn't:(
But hey , you can't please them all:)

Really a shame you are getting yourselfs TV in the Cali ....the most ridicules gadget on a Cali ever ...imo .
The first of your video's i FFW to see if anything else intrested was in , it wasn't:(
I am going away for a year in my Beach with two young boys. I hope that most of the time while away they will be playing outdoors, on their scooters, bikes or pop-up tent. However, there are bound to be several rainy days, when even playing in the awning is an unattractive option. The four of us snugged up on the three seat bench singing along to a DVD of Mamma Mia, mum and dad slowing getting pissed on a bottle of local plonk, is highly attractive. The choices are Jonathan Duke's rechargeable micro digital projector, or CC's Aldi telly.

After seeing their video, the TV has won.

It is an English thing ! All my tours of Europe I have NEVER seen a French, German, Belgium etc.. camper with a TV in their van, you will normally see them playing board games, reading books or chatting.

For us the TV is for the home however I realise we are all different

In you latest vid. about the electric in the Cali i think you may missed some pointers.

1) You say that only the fridge draws power from the lesure bats. , the heating is diesel
Correct but you will need electric to have the heater running also , it does not uses much as it is only the fan and the dieselpump.

2) The 12v socket in the side of the kitchenwardrobe .
There are some people that have mentiont that theires is powerd by the starterbattery , others say it is lesurebattery.
So there seems to be a diffrence in building years (on a T6 could this be solved)

3) You have a nice usb adaptor in your two pin plug on the B-pilar.
I suggest you do not leave it in at all time even when there's no usb cable in ,
It probally draws a litlle power and that way the inverter is working .
The inverter itself draws power from the lesure battery ( so also needs to be added in point 1above) to transform 12v to 220v

4) when leaving the Cali stationt for long time , your control panel draws a small amount of power ....from the lesurebattery .(so also need added in point 1 above)
You need to switch it fully off to prevent this.

5) taking water uses power from the lesurebattery
Again needs to be added in point 1

6) operating the roof , dito as point 5

7) then there's the big issue about flattening the starterbattery using to much power for the interieur cabin lights and the beautiful "california" lights in the footwell .
When on site for a few days every time you open a door these are switched on....
Dead starterbattery could be the result.
Switch OFF the cabin lights on the roof consol.

8) the electric powerd sliding door and boothdoor also can drain the starterbattery in time when on site longer time.

If i missed out on someting feel free to add stuff.
Not talking interieur lights in the back as we all know they draw power when switched on ;) and you did mentiond those in the vid.

Back