Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking Heater Failed

Can only agree with the comment that VW do not understand these units. Mine died over a year ago, VW had no clue. I found a man in Gloucester, forget the name but have the receipt somewhere if anyone needs it, who simply logged in and reset the unit. He said they are very reliable providing they are treated correctly. Run regularly as mentioned above, do not switch on and off frequently without allowing the unit to get into full operation and then to fully switch off, which can take a few minutes.

I used mine regularly last year following the reset without any problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks all again for your much appreciated advice. I believe my problem is solved. We disconnected the leisure battery under the passenger seat and reconnected after a few minutes. Voila! The heater works! Fingers crossed it stays working. :thanks

BUT see my new post - I now have an issue with the control panel :headbang

I thought our troubles were over, but no ..... the heater is working, but pumps out the heat at what feels like its maximum setting, regardless of what the thermostat is set at. I recall this happening before it packed in last time.

I guess I'm back to consulting an eberspacher dealer? There is one local to us - a boat yard by the side of Windermere

Cheers

Ian

I guess I'm just a bit concerned that, as a boat yard, whilst they may be experts on the heating unit itself, will they have any idea where things like the thermostat are located in a fairly complicated camper van? It's a reputable firm so I suppose they'll let me know if they're not happy to take the job on.

I asked the question a few months about the thermostat location and nobody knew! If you find out it's location can you post it up, I suspect it's in the air intake / heater unit.

Back