Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking heater telestart retrofit for T6?

F

fluff34567

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Hi all,

I had previously asked about making the engine heater come on to preheat the engine and cabin using the overhead panel for the parking heater but it wasnt possible.

So I'm wondering if it's possible to just retrofit the remote control system for the parking heater, either the basic version or the one with the LCD or even the mobile phone on off system?

The antenna needs to be the internal version due to parking garage height restrictions.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

You can either add the remote kit to the coolant heater (Webasto Thermotop C) which will give you 30 mins from the engine battery, designed to warm the van on cold days and clear the screen etc.

I am guessing you have a beach if you don't have a heater. You can retrofit a heater relatively easy, although the VW control panel not so sure? Quite a good few threads on here about just that subject worth a search around.

You can either add the remote kit to the coolant heater (Webasto Thermotop C) which will give you 30 mins from the engine battery, designed to warm the van on cold days and clear the screen etc.

I am guessing you have a beach if you don't have a heater. You can retrofit a heater relatively easy, although the VW control panel not so sure? Quite a good few threads on here about just that subject worth a search around.

I have a t6 euro multivan highline with a lot of options that a california would have and as the california has a parking heater I'm asking here as a parking heater isnt a normal additional extra on a normal van.

I have the standard webasto for the engine coolant heat up when its below 5c and the Eberspächer with the overhead 4 button controller for the parking heater. I would like to try retro fit the remote control system or mobile phone app system for the Eberspächer

I know that in the UK a Parking heater is standard on the Ocean, on the beach it is an option. The coolant heater in the UK is standard but the remote kit for the coolant heater is not.

This may be useful. I am not aware of anyone retrofitting the control panel and heater from a beach but VW may be able to offer it?

Matt, maybe I'm not writing it clear enough..

I have the control panel from factory, I have the engine heater and parking cabin heater from factory.

I would like to add the remote control, nothing more.

I have the control panel from factory, I have the engine heater and parking cabin heater from factory.

I think Matt is referring to the Control panel for the Ocean which comes with a remote.
if you have a factory fitted heater on a transporter (or similar) the control panel is just for the heater.
Maybe that’s the confusion?

Can I ask why you want the remote control? We have it, but haven’t used it yet, as you have to be in range of the van anyway, so might as well just press the button in the van and can select temperature that way too.

Just curious...

Can I ask why you want the remote control? We have it, but haven’t used it yet, as you have to be in range of the van anyway, so might as well just press the button in the van and can select temperature that way too.

Just curious...
Are you aware the remote can be used from a long distance - I believe WelshGas once mentioned a mile.
Recently in very cold weather my doors were frozen shut. I can use the remote from the house and defrost the van so when I’m ready to leave, so is the van...

Apologies, the link i posted is to add the remote to the coolant heater. I had a good search around and couldnt find any good threads of folks who had done it before.

It may be eberspacher who can help the most, I believe their version of telestart is called easystart and should work with your hardware. Sorry I can't help more, hopefully someone else will have experience.

Last edited:

Just curious...
I work shifts and the car park is a long way from.my office plus various security scans.. it's a high security site so want to press the button from my office and have the van pre warmed for when I get in.

As it's not always frosty or cold I want to have the choice of selecting on or off I stead of using the timer overhead panel

Are you aware the remote can be used from a long distance - I believe WelshGas once mentioned a mile.

Oh no I wasn’t aware it was that far, just presumed it was as far as locking/unlocking remotely. That’s impressive, makes sense! Thanks!

I'd like to do the same for my Beach --- i.e. control the standard parking heater via an app for times when the out of range for the standard remote control.

The standard remote control is OK-ish but does require a clear line of sight to work at any useful distance.

So it is OK to warm the van up whilst it's parked outside the house, also OK to warm the van up whilst you are *in* the van but if you're coming back from a hike etc, or getting off a train, then not so always so useful.

I've asked the question on the forum a couple of the forum a couple of times but no-one else seems to have done this yet successfully --- hope third time lucky!

I work shifts and the car park is a long way from.my office plus various security scans.. it's a high security site so want to press the button from my office and have the van pre warmed for when I get in.

As it's not always frosty or cold I want to have the choice of selecting on or off I stead of using the timer overhead panel

I often do this as the train is approaching the station, by the time I'm off the train fought my way out and walked to the far end of the carpark, it toasty.

There are Telestart kits available on ebay from a polish company, it involves some wiring and a re-flash of the code on the heater control module.

I often do this as the train is approaching the station, by the time I'm off the train fought my way out and walked to the far end of the carpark, it toasty.

There are Telestart kits available on ebay from a polish company, it involves some wiring and a re-flash of the code on the heater control module.
Some of these 3rd party systems render the VW Control Panel inoperable, so I gather.

Cheers Loz, I made contact with the polish company and they replied quickly and as you said to add the remote option requires a reflash. I have also asked them about the mobile app version instead as thats a simpler installation, will update later.

Ok the polish company has come back to me very quickly. The app sim card based unit is probably best suited for me.

1 the max range is 1km for the remote control and my office is 1.4kms from the car park over open ground

2. Having another key ish sized fob would prob annoy me.

3. No reflash needed

BUT I need to find a PAYG sim thats suited to my needs.

I'm interested in this. Do you know what is involved in fitting the sim card based unit?

On the VW Go Connect App there is option to turn on the auxiliary heater from the App but you need to have the dfreeze module fitted. Not sure on the price.

An update: the polish company car systems DOES NOT have any unit that can control the T6 air aux heater.

I had lots of info from them saying their kit will work then they said something about webasto .. err no we have always been talking about the Eberspächer and that's been absolutely clear from the beginning.

So the only company that's offers an aftermarket remote option is daanhag plus it has a plug and play harness.

I'm interested in this. Do you know what is involved in fitting the sim card based unit?
The daanhag unit is a 2 minute fit. Passenger seat full forward, pull the seat base cover off, disconnect 1 plug and plug in the unit. Job done

Back