Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Particulate Filter

T

tritone30

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have had my Beach for two years, don't use it for short trips but recently after a couple of long trips the Particulate warning light has appeared.
My total mileage is 12000 and I have had the first oil change service.

Any thoughts ?

I go about 30 miles on a dual carriageway not going above 3rd gear. Seems to work. I was told to do this by a good friend who has a vw van.

I understand that it needs a good "Burn", as i have been doing when it occured after short journeys. What is puzzeling me is why does the warning come up after a LONG journey.

I note you have a T6 so from my understanding, the advice to give it a 'razz' is out of date. The T6 the dpf regenerates when the computer tells it to. Usually every couple of hours as long as the fuel tank is not empty.

I understand that it needs a good "Burn", as i have been doing when it occured after short journeys. What is puzzeling me is why does the warning come up after a LONG journey.
I'm guessing that even on your long journey (possibly light engine loads in top gear), your exhaust temperature never got hot enough for long enough?

Back