Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Passing on

timber

timber

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I am not allowed to drive my pride and joy any more It cost £64 thou. in 13 and have not used it for camping just day trips. Wife and I are both 85 and it is the best vehicle I have ever driven, and I have driven a lot from heavy tractors trucks lorries And Forestry machines.
Was going to sell it However have decided to put my two Daughters names on insurance and let them use it.
However will tell them about this excellent site

What a lovely idea and thing to do, all the very best Timber for the future. I am sure that you and your wife have created some beautiful memories in the camper and now your Daughters will be able to do the same.

They will be very pleased getting to use that Cali , be sure you keep the spare key in a drawer at your place ....just in case;)

Sorry to hear that you won't be allowed to drive it anymore. That's tough. On the bright side; 85, still together to enjoy other things in life! Active on online forums, wow! I take my hat off.

A really nice post. I'm sure you will be opening a door to giving them many happy experiences.

I am not allowed to drive my pride and joy any more It cost £64 thou. in 13 and have not used it for camping just day trips. Wife and I are both 85 and it is the best vehicle I have ever driven, and I have driven a lot from heavy tractors trucks lorries And Forestry machines.
Was going to sell it However have decided to put my two Daughters names on insurance and let them use it.
A wonderful gesture, best wishes to you.

A wonderful thing to do - and now you will be able to share in their enjoyment and follow your Cali’s next phase of it’s life.

Let them drive you and your wife to the camp site. Obviously, they can have to top bed :thumb

Nice post and touching :cheers

Your Cali will still keep creating happiness and memories which you can share. A lovely gesture.

How sad. I really feel for you both.

Still at least you have lots of wonderful memories to look back on. Hopefully you can now look forward to being taken out in your Cali now that you have employed two chauffeurs. :thumb

How sad. I really feel for you both.

Still at least you have lots of wonderful memories to look back on. Hopefully you can now look forward to being taken out in your Cali now that you have employed two chauffeurs. :thumb
Thanks for the nice replies from all of you, If I am not behind the wheel I would get no enjoyment at all. Clean break is the best. I have a few bits of wood working stuff for sale if is anyone interested, I Live near Bedford not Stamford

Thanks for the nice replies from all of you, If I am not behind the wheel I would get no enjoyment at all. Clean break is the best. I have a few bits of wood working stuff for sale if is anyone interested, I Live near Bedford not Stamford

Best wishes for the future, I'm sure your daughters will also enjoy the Cali.. :thumb

Timber, that is a really nice gesture. Hats off to you.

Trust me, the rear seat in a Cali is quite comfortable, if you lean it back to the 2nd stop point. Of course, for you to be comfortable in the rear seat, you need to trust your daughters' driving skills :)

I am sure you will have more things to look forward to ... and of course, great memories of the trips in the Cali. Create a collage of your trips over the last 7 years and either keep it in the Cali, or hang it in your room. :thumb

All the very best to you both. We have just sold our Cali that we bought off you almost 8 years ago. We've had a wonderful time with her, so much so, we've just bought a T6. If you look in the 'Cali's for sale, you'll see your old van. Regards, Ian + family.

Amazing what a good idea think I might do that for my son Sam when the time comes
I bet you have some lovely memories of those day trips
Phil