Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Photos of the awning out!

You can fit side and front to the awning using tent standard tent tarps.

Use the plastic eyelets in the tarp to attach to the wind out via bungee balls, simply attach the tarp to the ground with bungee balls or scaffold sheeting ties., very secure and quite inexpensive:)

Last edited:
Spot on KP

Not on his website, as I say I think licensing may be an issue,

Great mat

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
North Yorkshire x
7dbd29e8fd09946e8f162191bdf1de68.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Great photos.
I have a drive away as per my profile photo, however, this year we fancy travelling a little lighter. Whats people thoughts with leaving the awning out overnight, has anybody had any bad experiences due to weather conditions? Also, are the the Thule or other brand awning straps good to have during such poorer weather conditions? Cheers

Great photos.
I have a drive away as per my profile photo, however, this year we fancy travelling a little lighter. Whats people thoughts with leaving the awning out overnight, has anybody had any bad experiences due to weather conditions? Also, are the the Thule or other brand awning straps good to have during such poorer weather conditions? Cheers
We have various stages of securing the awning.

Stage 1 involves using the Pegi-peg plates for securing the legs with the screw-in pegs and we always put these down when the awning is out.
Stage 2 involves stage 1 plus the Thule sun/privacy blocker and that has 4 additional pegs
Stage 3 is the addition of the heavy duty tie down straps that have been modified to a. hook into the top of the leg, b. has an secondary awning rail tether and c. incorporates bungie strap and the peg end.

We have various stages of securing the awning.

Stage 1 involves using the Pegi-peg plates for securing the legs with the screw-in pegs and we always put these down when the awning is out.
Stage 2 involves stage 1 plus the Thule sun/privacy blocker and that has 4 additional pegs
Stage 3 is the addition of the heavy duty tie down straps that have been modified to a. hook into the top of the leg, b. has an secondary awning rail tether and c. incorporates bungie strap and the peg end.

How bad must the wind get to where stage 2 doesn’t work? I see a lot tie down kits in use and I’ve only really needed something other than the pegs once (didn’t take it out). We have a Thule sun screen but haven’t had any wind with it out so don’t know how good it holds up compared to the tie down.

Personally I always use a Tie Down Kit so that the Awning can be properly tensioned against the Tie down. Legs pegged also with 2 x Rock pegs each.
Awning sloping away from vehicle and one leg high and one low if rain expected.

I don’t see how the awning can be properly tensioned otherwise without stressing the leg joints etc:.

Use the awning all the time now :) :thumb

The photos doesnt show the heavy rain, but tips from this forum, hence slope in awning to allow water run off.
20190816_193250.jpg

Last edited:
Spot on KP

Not on his website, as I say I think licensing may be an issue,

Great mat
Yes spoke to owner last week he is in discussion with VW to use the logo but he said it could take months/years and they may never approve so no longer available for the time being :(

Love the awning. And the popular front side panel. I couldn't live without it. As for weather I generally leave it out. Always tied down and on an angle. Keep an eye out for rain pooling. Also shown on an angle and with a tie down kit. Also have the Morocco matt. Another essential purchase. Always in the van. IMG_20190706_144837.jpgIMG_20190615_192917.jpgIMG_20190706_144837.jpg

I love those mats, hoping he’s at camper-calling later this week so I can pick one up.

At all?

I know they've not been able to sell online for that very reason. But they had been selling these at festivals etc. Including the recent Camper Jam.

Will keep my fingers crossed.

Not presently available with the VW LOGO due to licensing

At all?

I know they've not been able to sell online for that very reason. But they had been selling these at festivals etc. Including the recent Camper Jam.

Will keep my fingers crossed.
Does this make the vw one's rare or valuable or both then? I'd best keep an eye on mine