Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Piezoelectric gas switch burned

R

Robyfox67

It is the second time my hob gas switch (what makes the spark) got totally melted when only one fire is on . It happened already a couple of years ago, the metal surface got very hot and the central plastic switch totally melted. I replaced it and it costs around £40!!!!.
I have spoken to our VW club SMGVW spare parts and because of the high price to have my Cali inspected by a VW centre to see if there some alerts and if the problem is known.
Has anyone experienced anything similar?

It is the second time my hob gas switch (what makes the spark) got totally melted when only one fire is on . It happened already a couple of years ago, the metal surface got very hot and the central plastic switch totally melted. I replaced it and it costs around £40!!!!.
I have spoken to our VW club SMGVW spare parts and because of the high price to have my Cali inspected by a VW centre to see if there some alerts and if the problem is known.
Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Not heard or read anything regarding that. There is a maximum pan size that should be used otherwise you can damage any of the plastic fittings. I think the largest pan I have has a 7" base and the pan should be centrally placed so the heat rises around it otherwise the heat could be directed towards the controls/sink or fridge lid.