Votes: 191 24.4%
  • 66 - 75

Votes: 68 8.7%
  • 76 - 85

Votes: 22 2.8%
  • 85+

Votes: 3 0.4%

• Total voters
I'm 30. Been on order since I was 29, will hopefully arrive before 39.

Read too many posts from people who said their only regret was not buying one sooner so decided to listen to their advice. No way around it though, buying a Cali requires a fair amount of cost saving and compromise elsewhere when you don't have any substantial savings and have a reasonably 'normal' job. That being said I doubt we'll regret prioritising lifestyle and experience over possessions and stuff.

33y the first t4 California, 38 the second, 40the last t5 beach. Yeah

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Real age or mental age?

Real age or mental age?
Do we want to know....?
;)
Still feel young but acutally born in 1973 , mental age ...read under my avatar:D

34 when I bought mine. Nearly 38:(

Age 61 ( mental age 31 )for new Cali in 2015 as retirement present to me . Age 24 when I got 1st 1974 1700cc Westfalia auto which I kept for over 10 years . Used all the time then but don't recall ever staying on a camp site . Only stay on sites now .getting soft .Reliving the dream . All the time in the world . Slight problem broke neck and right wrist 1 month ago in France so can't drive ? Her Ladyship now in charge ! What could possibly go wrong ?

51 and 53 when we got Dora in May, again a 'life is too short' purchase, wanted one for ages but didn't have the opportunity to purchase before Still can't afford it , Our overdraft makes me flinch every time I see it but hey ho it's only money and there's a whole world to explore. If we waited till we were retired we would never get one as government won't actually let us retire !!!!

My mate tells me his overdraft has become an overgust with his daughter starting Uni and if he orders a Cali it will become an overgale :)

36 for the first Cali, 39 for the second one and I'll be 44 when the new one arrives! Best thing I've ever bought!

38 when I bought my first VW Splitty, 44 when I bought my first T4 Cali (I've had 3) and 47 when I bought my T5 Cali, that was nearly 18 months ago.

56 already but very much not retired. I have to admit that it took some time to convert from lightweight camping with our tent, therm-a-rest mattresses, down sleeping bags and a wardrobe of fleece and gore-tex to the luxury of a real California. We decided to buy the cali as our full-time car now that the kids have left the house. Next problem: mom, dad, can we borrow the cali next holiday...

I'm 61 and my girlfriend is 27 so I guess that means our average age is 44. I'll settle for that!

The Ocean / SE was designed for old people ....... whereas the Beach was designed for much younger crowd
Absolutely. I need a tea break after putting the roof up, with a Beach I'd need an ambulance.

So then:

Cali owners mostly old farts
Somewhat young at heart.
Or more so.
Or in some cases,
Not at all so!

Some owners young and sprightly
Doing old people stuff
But not as brightly.

All should have been wiser
And saved their pennies
Over and above the Cali.
But no sir!
Cali not enough.
Owners keeping ordering
Extras that are not needed
And definitely not freebies.

The Ocean / SE was designed for old people ....... whereas the Beach was designed for much younger crowd
Where do you get that daft idea califate?

If you read some of the many SE vs Beach threads you'll see it's about lifestyle/usage style. Nothing to do with age. While you may think VW had this as a design concept, it's much more likely that they were simply following a standard automotive practice of ..........

Hmm we seem to have a good seller in this 'ere campervan thing, maybe if we stripped out some options we could create a new vertical niche. First to go is the expensive cabinet thing down the side with all the gizmos, then let's make it look a bit cheaper than the original by building it on a lower base model of van. Brilliant! Now we have a new cheaper version, over to you Marketing to get these things into the zeitgeist. And hey presto you have Marketing deciding the Beach is for a younger audience. It's the usual blind process followed by most automotive companies. They produce product and we consume. An inspired auto company would let you have whatever options you want. They can build any vehicle you want. So I should be able to have an SE with manual roof for instance. Hey that's a good idea we'll add that to the range next time.....

But more seriously, you have a Beach - how old are you?

Absolutely. I need a tea break after putting the roof up, with a Beach I'd need an ambulance.

Most SE owners need a tea break whilist they wait for the RAC to arrive and repair the faulty electric roof.
;)
:D

And to those getting riled up on above...

VW's own advertisements imply above. Maybe market research or hope.

Or maybe Beech designed for less well off. Who knows.

Coco Chanel said she sold hope in a bottle.

VW sell hope in a van.

Back