Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poll: What discount did you get on a T6 Cali?

What discount did you achieve on your purchase of a T6 VW California

• No Discount

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • 1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4%

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • 5%

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • 6%

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • 7%

Votes: 43 26.4%
  • 8%

Votes: 50 30.7%
  • 9%

Votes: 32 19.6%

• Total voters
Similar to Dave. Just over 8%, free bumper protector thrown in and then the £750 came later when we sorting finance.

Saw you Dave when I was visiting VW to sign finance getting onto the M6. Your T6 is not hard to notice, looked good! Collected mine today in a subtle Mojave.
So you local-ish? Will keep an eye out for you in your shiny new toy!

Wigan and work in Preston so M6 is my daily run. Bet I see you first! ;)
I'm Chorley to preston for my daily run.
Make sure you wave. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your subtle style in my yellow assault on the eyes!

Hi.
Against the P11d price for my newly ordered Beach I got 7.9% from the dealer, plus the loyalty discount which takes it to 10.4% plus the PCP deposit contribution takes it to 12.2% (plus a px that is higher than the DTD quoted price by more than 10%).
Fairly happy!

Actually 8.75% from the dealer on the base van and all options, just works out to be 7.9% after adding delivery and road tax etc to the total which aren't discounted.

I had all sorts of permutations of discount, some dealers only discounting a selection of the options and claiming things like parking heater towbar etc were dealer fit and not discounted.

PPS. didn't mean DTD, meant webuyanycar

Bought mine through Heritage in Bristol and dealt with Adrian. Rather than put a % on it I would rather say that yes it may be possible to squeeze out a few pounds somewhere else but if you are local and looking for a good deal then I would recommend them. I wanted a good deal and good advice and that is what I got. An excellent buying experience and feel very confident with the final order which was very important to me. Peace of mind is worth a few £ and an enjoyable purchase to boot which is how it should be with a Cali.

NB: He certainly knows about most of the options because as someone rightly pointed out I chose most of them.

Bought mine through Heritage in Bristol and dealt with Adrian. Rather than put a % on it I would rather say that yes it may be possible to squeeze out a few pounds somewhere else but if you are local and looking for a good deal then I would recommend them. I wanted a good deal and good advice and that is what I got. An excellent buying experience and feel very confident with the final order which was very important to me. Peace of mind is worth a few £ and an enjoyable purchase to boot which is how it should be with a Cali.

NB: He certainly knows about most of the options because as someone rightly pointed out I chose most of them.
I can confirm that about Adrian.Great to deal with and confident I had as good a deal as I could have had anywhere taking travel and pick costs / hassle into account also

Things seem to be changing a little, market forces at work I suspect.
At present DTD are not quoting at all, their explanation is that they have no more vehicles on allocation for the foreseeable future and therefore do not know when or if they might be able to supply.
A dealer who is well spoken of elsewhere in this forum in terms of pricing told me they were not offering any discount at all at the moment.
I managed to get just under 8% plus the £750 finance contribution on top, (204 DSG 4Motion) so although discounts may have been better in the past demand is heavy at the moment (up to 6 months lead time) so that maybe as good as it gets. I'd certainly be interested to hear if anyone has been offered better.

At present DTD are not quoting at all, their explanation is that they have no more vehicles on allocation for the foreseeable future and therefore do not know when or if they might be able to supply.
A dealer who is well spoken of elsewhere in this forum in terms of pricing told me they were not offering any discount at all at the moment.
I managed to get just under 8% plus the £750 finance contribution on top, (204 DSG 4Motion) so although discounts may have been better in the past demand is heavy at the moment (up to 6 months lead time) so that maybe as good as it gets. I'd certainly be interested to hear if anyone has been offered better.

The feedback from the VW dealer in Jersey is zero discount but they are new as a VW dealer.

I think that's a good discount and agree that it's about as good as you can get without getting a demo.
I'm surprised at dealers saying no discount. Only ordered a month ago and got a discount.
Have things changed so radically?
I think the waiting list and delays wouldn't make dealers stop discount but rather try and encourage sales despite the delays by offering discount. That seems more logical.

I got only 2.400 € + an anti corruption treat (worth 1.1+ €) on a 77.000 € car – that has been in the display for 6 month. On top, they replaced the side window and made a paint job on the rear bumper. Both due to scratches. And the sort of cleaned the car.

The challenge was, that I wanted a car now and it was the only model for sale in the country. So it was quite hard to bargain ;-)

The margin in Denmark is quite low due to the high (150%) taxes on cars.

I think that's a good discount and agree that it's about as good as you can get without getting a demo.
I'm surprised at dealers saying no discount. Only ordered a month ago and got a discount.
Have things changed so radically?
I think the waiting list and delays wouldn't make dealers stop discount but rather try and encourage sales despite the delays by offering discount. That seems more logical.

Rules of supply and demand.
High supply, low demand = discount to move stoc, buyers market.

High demand, low supply = full price in a sellers market.

Simple.

Rules of supply and demand.
High supply, low demand = discount to move stoc, buyers market.

High demand, low supply = full price in a sellers market.

Simple.
You're right.
I think some dealers will still discount to win custom over other dealers though, don't you think?

I totally agree, the "High, demand" thing, is just a part of the picture. Local interests in markedshares also play a role, like the actual economic situation for the dealer might have great influence in how hungry he is?

That said, it is interesting how dealers can come up with argumentations for their behavior. My friend just bought a Golf. The one salesman (where he just bought a California), could give him 1.000 € discount. And showed my friend a sheet with the actual figures, so he could se the costprises. But instead of making the deal, my friend took a 15 minutes drive to another VW salespont and got 4.000 € discount right away. On the same car of cause ;-)

You're right.
I think some dealers will still discount to win custom over other dealers though, don't you think?

Nope, dealers want profit and at the moment there is no need for them to offer a discount. I've said in another post, my dealer has had lots of people coming in asking for vehicles and they are willing to pay the price on the ticket. They sold a blackberry that was mis-configured, no MFSW, but a punter came in and paid the ticket price.

The new showroom model was being driven in, someone came in and bought it on the spot, full ticket price paid.

Where is your dealer?
My deal was only a month ago. Delays were bad then too.

Thought you were selling yours, have you ordered another one?
It is a bit weird I know!
I'm selling my van at the moment because I bought it (with a loan and some savings) to rent out but as the rental thing hasn't worked out I can't afford the loan payments as they are. So I'm selling the van (even though we love it) and replacing it with pretty much the same thing but with a savings deposit and VW finance which will make our monthly payments more affordable!

It is a bit weird I know!
I'm selling my van at the moment because I bought it (with a loan and some savings) to rent out but as the rental thing hasn't worked out I can't afford the loan payments as they are. So I'm selling the van (even though we love it) and replacing it with pretty much the same thing but with a savings deposit and VW finance which will make our monthly payments more affordable!
Gotcha, I think. Maybe the rental thing will take time to establish? Are you going for the same colour? I like your yellow one.

Gotcha, I think. Maybe the rental thing will take time to establish? Are you going for the same colour? I like your yellow one.
Yeah, still yellow. LOVE it.
The rental thing would have worked with more patience and more money spent on advertising.
A mixture of NO cash (it's been an expensive 6 months with the van, hire insurance, website design and advertising costs), little patience and (even though I don't like to admit it) the gut feeling that I don't want to share our toy with people who might break it has meant that we decided to cut our losses.

the gut feeling that I don't want to share our toy with people who might break it has meant that we decided to cut our losses.
That has been the reason we haven't hired ours out. As you know there are many things to learn on a handover, I can't see someone hiring one remembering it all without a heavy do's and don'ts manual. I stress enough making sure my family remembers the right way to do stuff :thumb

Got 8% from guy at Preston before the £750.
I didn't want the finance but took it cos I like the £750! Paid it off the week after and was happier!
Hi.New to site so hope this goes to right person. I await my new vehicle being delivered in January. I don't need finance but dealer insisted if I did want the cash back offer I had to take finance and make payments for six months by which time the interest was nearly as much as discount. Am I reading your comment right in that that did not apply in your case?

Hi.New to site so hope this goes to right person. I await my new vehicle being delivered in January. I don't need finance but dealer insisted if I did want the cash back offer I had to take finance and make payments for six months by which time the interest was nearly as much as discount. Am I reading your comment right in that that did not apply in your case?
Yeah nothing to stop you paying back sooner. My dealer just wanted me to wait until VW finance credited them with the £750.
So out of courtesy to them I waited. Might have cost me about a tenner of interest for the hassle.
Well worth it. :)

Yeah nothing to stop you paying back sooner. My dealer just wanted me to wait until VW finance credited them with the £750.
So out of courtesy to them I waited. Might have cost me about a tenner of interest for the hassle.
Well worth it. :)
I will get straight onto this Monday. Many thanks. you may have saved me 750!

Back