Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop Top Issue

Bajers

Bajers

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi All,
Could I ask a bit of advice on the pop top please.
We are currently wild camping at the top of the west coast of Scotland and had a pretty rough night last night with fairly hard wind and rain.
We slept 'upstairs' quite comfortably though but in the middle of the night I woke up to find the front panel of the top dripping wet on the inside (sides were fine). The front was taking most of the weather to be fair, but I was surprised it failed so quickly and it definitely wasn't condensation.
Is this normal? I have had far cheaper tents stand a lot more hammer and should the material be proofed with waterproofing or something to prevent this?
Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.

Best bet is to fit a topper in order to provide wet and windy weather protection.

I have the comfortz (shop) version that works very well.

Hi All,
Could I ask a bit of advice on the pop top please.
We are currently wild camping at the top of the west coast of Scotland and had a pretty rough night last night with fairly hard wind and rain.
We slept 'upstairs' quite comfortably though but in the middle of the night I woke up to find the front panel of the top dripping wet on the inside (sides were fine). The front was taking most of the weather to be fair, but I was surprised it failed so quickly and it definitely wasn't condensation.
Is this normal? I have had far cheaper tents stand a lot more hammer and should the material be proofed with waterproofing or something to prevent this?
Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.
There’s another thread with some more comments on it about this issue that came up today. Good luck!

If only the high point of the pop top was wet on the inside it might been condensation.
Ventilation is top priority when sleeping in such a small space , also when it's raining.

In heavy rain and wind the canvas can let water thru (like the thread mentiont above , and many other threads on the forum)