Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porta Potti 365

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
i can’t find any reference in the instructions on how much liquid/water to put in the top or bottom, can anyone give me an idea on how much and anything else that needs preparing .. thanks

Check the website of the products you are using. The dosing recommendations should be listed and then you add around 1 litre of water usually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m using their products, it’s says 15 litres per 100mm that’s all

is that 1 liter in the top or the bottom ?

I believe it's 2 litres of water in bottom with whatever solution you're using.

20200601_131520.jpg

We don’t keep very much flush in the top section. I just put a glob of green in the lower (waste) section. No need to add water- the users do that quick enough!

The mix proportion is not crucial, either in the top or the bottom tank. The unit is all made of plastics so you're unlikely to do it any harm by over-dosing with product, but for the sake of the environment I try to go easy on the chemicals.

If you're going to empty the bottom tank daily and it's going to be all urine put in there rather than a 'mix', you don't need much product at all. even just a squirt will stop it from smelling which is all you really need to achieve.

Also if you keep the unit in the rear of the van and bring it through into the 'living area' each night, the more flush water you put into the top tank, the heavier the unit is going to be to move around from the start.

Good question, great practical answers.

i can’t find any reference in the instructions on how much liquid/water to put in the top or bottom, can anyone give me an idea on how much and anything else that needs preparing .. thanks
The upper chamber is just for the flush water. You can put as little or as much as you like in it because you will only need to flush to clear the bowl. 1 or 2 pushes of the flush will normally suffice. (We always use the flush additive it keeps things more hygenic.)
The lower chamber I normally just put a small cupful in but no water. Number 1’s normally do the job instead of the water. You will find if you put the required amount of water in the lower chamber, there’s not much capacity left. We’ve been using the porta potti like this for 30 yrs + with no problems..
Good luck

Thanks everyone that’s great