Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porta Potti

We purchased a 335 which fits under the back shelf fine when travelling. Move into the cabin at night and it fits at the end of the bed. Means no trips outside when the children wake up in the middle of the night for the toilet.

Hey, very interested in this ,thinking if getting one for our new Cali, can the Popaloo fit in the van with the bed down at night ?
Congratulations on your new Cali!
We haven’t kept our Popaloo inside but I believe it would fit nicely if you are only sleeping up top . I don’t think it will fit with the lower bed out.

Anything that relies on bag collection, from the bog that comes from the carp fisheries place, the late lamented BIAB, traveljohn, the popaloo, all charge a small fortune for bags and powders.

The best and cheapest I have found are/were* the disposa-john which buying 100 at a time worked out at around 35p per bag, contained the waste bag in a neat self-sealing foil bag and even came with a few leaves of toilet paper.

* I speak in past tense. I bought a shed load of bags back in 2016, was still using them in 2020 until along came Covid restrictions and out of my garage came my stored and once redundant Thetford 335 so I am now not up to date on prices, choices and sources of supply.

EDIT:

I have just done a search on
dispoa-john and prices are quite ridiculous. I bought mine in wholesale quantities, boxes of 100 but now it seems to have become an easy to find retail item the price have gone through the roof.

Congratulations on your new Cali!
We haven’t kept our Popaloo inside but I believe it would fit nicely if you are only sleeping up top . I don’t think it will fit with the lower bed out.
It will fit if the passenger seat is pushed forward, in to the cabin (Ocean).

I never found the 335 too low, a bit of a shock the first time you use it but you get used to the height and guys you do have to sit to wee or open the trap door first.

I’ve got the fixing kit and template for a Thetford 335 that I will never use. If anybody wants it FOC just let me know.

B73ACDF4-634F-4FE0-98A5-5889DA973C69.jpeg