Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Portable power banks

Probably a stupid question this but here goes, planning on leaving my Ecoflow in the van between trips. Is there a simple way to trickle charge it when I plug the van in on EHU to charge the leisure batteries (that isn't going to frazzle anything)?
Not sure about trickle charging, but I believe that the power banks do not like being stored in cold conditions. We have the Delta Max and take it out of the van in between trips.

Probably a stupid question this but here goes, planning on leaving my Ecoflow in the van between trips. Is there a simple way to trickle charge it when I plug the van in on EHU to charge the leisure batteries (that isn't going to frazzle anything)?

The EHU charges the leisure batteries which charge the EcoFlow - so would presume just leaving the Ecoflow plugged in would be akin to trickle charging it.

There's also the efficiency element to consider as you'll be charging one device to charge another. If you have solar panels, slightly different story - and in that situation, you can get a 12v running from the solar controller and straight into the Ecoflow.

You have a California. You could make lots of coffee!
I was just about to say similar - Ive got enough gas to cook dinner & make coffees for a week, enough charge in the batteries to keep my phones & laptop topped up for the same amount of time.

I'm not really feeling the need for an Ecoflow.

I want one, purely so I have one. I've yet to ever hammer the batteries enough to justify one, but the idea that I have mains power in a van, being topped up by two solar panels...it just feels complete. And currently feel incomplete :D

That said, i'm a closet Prepper.

I want one, purely so I have one. I've yet to ever hammer the batteries enough to justify one, but the idea that I have mains power in a van, being topped up by two solar panels...it just feels complete. And currently feel incomplete :D

That said, i'm a closet Prepper.
I feel there is more than enough of a business case for you to justify it to the Boss. It was a godsend being able to power a lamp and a few other kid-related bits in the house last night. You only need to approach this from a ‘child safety’ perspective and I am sure you’ll get it through :D

I feel there is more than enough of a business case for you to justify it to the Boss. It was a godsend being able to power a lamp and a few other kid-related bits in the house last night. You only need to approach this from a ‘child safety’ perspective and I am sure you’ll get it through :D
Thats right, think of the children........

I was just about to say similar - Ive got enough gas to cook dinner & make coffees for a week, enough charge in the batteries to keep my phones & laptop topped up for the same amount of time.

I'm not really feeling the need for an Ecoflow.
The point is, you can ALSO use for indoor power and charging in an emergency, rather than having to run to / sit in the Cali.

Back