Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Portable power banks

Could you fit a Delta 2 Max and a 64L Really Useful storage box side by side? I would measure it but I haven’t seen my van in a month…

Storage box is L710 x W 440 x D 310mm
No problem at all. You can fit 2x 64L back there which leaves plenty of width for the Delta 2 Max next to a single box.

No problem at all. You can fit 2x 64L back there which leaves plenty of width for the Delta 2 Max next to a single box.
Which means in a Beach you can have two 64L boxes and a Delta 2 Max :thumb
Edit: maybe T6 only ;)

Which means in a Beach you can have two 64L boxes and a Delta 2 Max :thumb
Edit: maybe T6 only ;)

Isn't that 2x 64L + delta 2 max if you have a 3 seater bench, 0r just one with a 2 seat bench.

Ecoflow do great deals on fully guaranteed refurbished Delta 2’s from £529.

Would you go for their solar panels or aftermarket?
I love the Renogy 200w flexi panel at just £130 (ish) delivered. I have two feeding my Bluetti 2kWh Solar Generator that also come on camping trips in the summer.

Solar 2.jpg

Delta 2 down to £649 at Blacks and you can get 10% cashback on that via Topcashback before midnight. Couldn’t resist a nibble at that price.

View attachment 116652
I see the Jackery Black Friday deal has brought the LiFePo4 1500W right down to not dis-similar prices. Also a 3 year warranty. I'd be tempted to take that over the Delta 2.

I use an xtar book fold panel which has industry leading Sunpower cells with the Delta 2. It's rigid and slots in nicely on top of the rear storage boxes and under the Project Camper cabin blinds.
As ever a mine of information. One thousand thank yous.

I see the Jackery Black Friday deal has brought the LiFePo4 1500W right down to not dis-similar prices. Also a 3 year warranty. I'd be tempted to take that over the Delta 2.
Would 1500 watts power a vertuo pop coffee machine ?
Need a Black Friday deal

Where are you seeing that? Cheapest I can find it is £999. Also looks like the Delta 2 has a 5 year warranty.

IMG_2119.jpeg

Where are you seeing that? Cheapest I can find it is £999. Also looks like the Delta 2 has a 5 year warranty.

View attachment 116657
Yes, the Delta 2 has a 5 year warranty and 2 on the accessories cables etc. But a warranty is only as good as the company backing it up. Unfortunately from mine and many offers experiences EF fall WAY short. This would be my main detractor from the buying another EF in the future. Hopefully things do improve there as the products are well designed.

And am I right in thinking it’d be possible to trickle charge the leisure batteries and the Delta at the same time if ever I got around to fitting one of Roger’s solar panel kits with a Victron MPPT controller?
Yes, but make sure to let Roger know that you intend to do that. The cable between the battery and victron would need to be upgraded.

we
Yes, but make sure to let Roger know that you intend to do that. The cable between the battery and victron would need to be upgraded.
why does it need the upgraded cable to the leisure battery? I thought the EcoFlow just plugs into the load side of the Victron?

we

why does it need the upgraded cable to the leisure battery? I thought the EcoFlow just plugs into the load side of the Victron?
I don't remember where I read it, either in a thread on this site or Roger's. That's why I suggested you should mention it to Roger whom I trust would know the answer.

From Roger's site: Roger on MPPT
Do you have a lithium power bank Like the EcoFlow River or similar? With the Victron chargers you can use the "load" output to charge your power bank as well as it charging your leisure batteries as normal. The Victron prioritises giving your leisure batteries a full charge at least once a day whilst also charging your power bank via the load terminals with any spare power. You can even manually specify the exact minimum voltage the Victron will charge your leisure batteries to before it enables the charging of your power bank, giving you full control of how much priority your camper batteries have when solar charging.

If you want to do this we can supply a female cigar style socket on a cable for you to plug your power bank into.

I bought a Dokio 160w folding panel on Amazon (about £130). It’s been brilliant - the charger also has a couple of usb ports so you can charge phones etc straight off that.
There’s a video somewhere as well about the Dokio panel being used to charge the leisure batteries via a 12v socket.

Back