Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Portable power banks

waste of money. i've seen them in action. a brass band to charge a laptop a few times that you can charge from the van anyway ? you can make coffee on the hob,you can use the van heater etc, if you're in a tent off grid i get it for lighting and phones etc,in an ocean? pointless , save your money and have a holdiday instead
Not for you then?

Have been considering getting one of these for a little while and saw the Ecoflow Delta 2 is in the Prime day sale down from £1,099 to £699. I imagine I’d mainly use it to power a small heater and any appliances we want to run in our awning, I know you can also charge the leisure batteries off it when off-grid but there are question marks about earthing. For anyone that has one, worth the money?
Diesel heater every day!!!! If you want to go off grid then solar panels but you will never power a 240v heater. Alternatively petrol or diesel or lpg suitcase generator.

Hey all linked in the video but can get them anywhere really just pick one you like and has all the safty features built in.
Thanks. I noticed you’d run the cable for the sockets under the bench seat, does it cause any issues when sliding that forward and back?

Thanks. I noticed you’d run the cable for the sockets under the bench seat, does it cause any issues when sliding that forward and back?
no issues so far as the cable is quite long so just pushes back, sometimes you do need to tuck it back a little when you push the seats back from making bed. Pulling draw back and forth however i have not had a single incident where it has got stuck or caused an issue.

no issues so far as the cable is quite long so just pushes back, sometimes you do need to tuck it back a little when you push the seats back from making bed. Pulling draw back and forth however i have not had a single incident where it has got stuck or caused an issue.
I didn’t pull the trigger on the Delta 2 the last time around but now it’s £699 at Argos and you can get 10% cashback it’s even more tempting. Question for you, say we’re on a day trip to the beach and fancy making a brew using our 600W travel kettle. If we’ve installed the sockets like you have, can we just switch the socket on and boil the kettle or do I have to get out and go round to the back of the van to turn the Delta on first?

I didn’t pull the trigger on the Delta 2 the last time around but now it’s £699 at Argos and you can get 10% cashback it’s even more tempting. Question for you, say we’re on a day trip to the beach and fancy making a brew using our 600W travel kettle. If we’ve installed the sockets like you have, can we just switch the socket on and boil the kettle or do I have to get out and go round to the back of the van to turn the Delta on first?
You can use the EF app to activate all the various outputs individually.

I didn’t pull the trigger on the Delta 2 the last time around but now it’s £699 at Argos and you can get 10% cashback it’s even more tempting.
Don’t forget your 699 Nectar points as well @Jimmylondon07 ;)
Argos are listing the original price as £899. I thought they were more expensive than that so maybe the original price has dropped.

We look forward to you confirming your purchase!:cool: Or are you going to wait until next week and see if there are any Black Friday deals…….:bananadance2

love this discussion, anyone considered ;
- Jackery
- Bluetti
- Clayton
Loads of options and I’m trying to pick one too

We use Anker in ours, and at home. Chose that make for battery chemistry (lifepo4) rather than
lithium—ion and price coupled with a recognised name and a size that fits where we want it. If I didn’t buy Anker I would have gone with ecoflow , but only the latest Delta 2 Max.

Cool. Yes chemistry and dimensions need to be added to my criteria

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We use Anker in ours, and at home. Chose that make for battery chemistry (lifepo4) rather than
lithium—ion and price coupled with a recognised name and a size that fits where we want it. If I didn’t buy Anker I would have gone with ecoflow , but only the latest Delta 2 Max.

The max is pretty heavy tho? Still waiting for our cali delivery - do you think it will fit nicely in th boot? (It’s bigger than the delta 2)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure on the dimensions. Height is the biggest issue in the boot, width in the van. The only Anker I can fit in upright in the boot, but they work fine on any angle, is the C1000 which is tiny. The F2000 is used in the house as it’s a bit large in the van. The C1000 fits easily between the front seats as well as in the boot. It’s only 1056wh, smaller than I would like but feeds the coffee machine fine.
I have a feeling the ecoflow delta 2 max is narrow enough to fit in between the seats but I haven’t got one to try and it’s expensive for the output it gives.

I find the output from the Delta 2 just about manageable so long as I'm moving every few days or going to a campsite/aire with EHU. I use it primarily to charge up my laptop, run the Epson EF12 projector and power a 725W electric kettle.
Its size is perfect to fit between the seats. Any larger and the casing might rub against the plastic seat covers.
Delta 2 Max is 3cm wider and that probably won't fir in the same location. Also its twice as heavy as the Delta 2 and I wouldn't feel comfortable with that much weight constantly resting on the soft wiring tunnel underneath. In the boot its probably OK with a 30.5cm height.

If I feel I need more capacity than the Delta 2 can offer I'll pickup the wired piggyback battery pack.

I have a feeling the ecoflow delta 2 max is narrow enough to fit in between the seats but I haven’t got one to try and it’s expensive for the output it gives.
The Max will almost certainly be too wide to fit between the front seats. Its dimensions are: 497 × 242 × 305 mm.
If you do manage to squeeze it in, it will likely block the handbrake and the sides will get scratched up.

It would be interesting to know which power stations fit in the gap under the rear bench though.

As i mentioned the D2Max will fit under the T6.1 rear bench
I was thinking if a power station could fit it the gap under the bench it could make for a good semi permanent storage place.

I find the output from the Delta 2 just about manageable so long as I'm moving every few days or going to a campsite/aire with EHU. I use it primarily to charge up my laptop, run the Epson EF12 projector and power a 725W electric kettle.
What’s your verdict on the Epson EF12 projector?
I have a Samsung Freestyle that we use at home occasionally, but the room needs to be quite dark and the fan is a bit noisy for its size. Never tried a projector in the van though!

What’s your verdict on the Epson EF12 projector?
I have a Samsung Freestyle that we use at home occasionally, but the room needs to be quite dark and the fan is a bit noisy for its size. Never tried a projector in the van though!
Surprisingly good given its size and features. Quiet, only uses ~100W power and a very effective internal Yamaha designed sound system. Its native 1080P, doesn't have those unpleasant rainbow effects and I found a Jackery padded bag to safely store it and the accessories, when not in use. I use it with the 40" Duronic rollup screen. At a pick it also works OK on the pulldown blind of the sliding door.

Looks like Argos sold out of Delta2s at £699, though I found a place in Scotland selling them for £699 with a 5% discount code so £665 all in

It’s made up my mind about getting a solar panel fitted when my new van arrives next year.

As i mentioned the D2Max will fit under the T6.1 rear bench
Could you fit a Delta 2 Max and a 64L Really Useful storage box side by side? I would measure it but I haven’t seen my van in a month…

Storage box is L710 x W 440 x D 310mm

Back