Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Possible new owner

We've all got one already! (Unless waiting for T6 ;)) ...

I couldn't afford a t6 ! Think I'll buy this tomorrow then worry about renting it out and be ready for next summer

Don't think the wheels look right ?
The Cali is down south for me but worth another day out to go get it

Looks very nice. Agree, the wheels are not standard but may have been one of the VW options.

Looks good to me, wheels aren't original but good price for a facelift.

Right chaps. I've been offered it for £27500
With 6 months warranty
6 months tax
What Should I check when getting the hand over. Should it come with the power lead etc.

If you become a VIP member for £10 there is checklist you can download along with loads of other stuff. Make sure the control panel is working ok, fridge, tap, diesel heater, roof operation (make sure side door is open to operate roof) check roof fabric, power lead is not issued by VW, check seat/bed operation etc. 6 months warranty is fair, does it cover the camper/kitchen stuff as well? Good luck :thumb

You'll save the sign up fee on Cali accessories.

I'll sign up now thanks
I'm really nervous about buying it lol
Who can you recommend for insurance for renting it out

That's me a VIP member. I've read the checklists etc. what if some bits are missing ? It's a dealer who knows nothing about vws that's selling it. They have already stated the price isn't coming down anymore

Have you seen it in person yet?

Insurance for renting it out will be around £2k through Alan Boswell. You'll need liability insurance too about £150.

It doesn't have a 3rd middle rail so you'll only be able to rent it out to 4 people max (no option for 5th seat). Shouldn't be too much of an issue though.

What do you mean about it going to have 2 previous owners?

It's a garage selling it so on the log book it says 1 previous owner but when I get the v5 in it will say 2

Very few companies insure for renting out but Alan Boswell is one of the better ones, however it's not cheap, probably looking at about the £2000 figure give or take. Enjoy the cali,
Regards
Simon

It's a garage selling it so on the log book it says 1 previous owner but when I get the v5 in it will say 2

Might just be me, but that doesn't make sense.

If it's a proper garage then it'll be 1 previous owner, it won't get registered to them.

Yes I've seen it but not checked over most things. I am happy it has the warranty so if anything doesn't work I can get it fixed. On the Handover checklist is there a certain place each item should be ?

That's me a VIP member. I've read the checklists etc. what if some bits are missing ? It's a dealer who knows nothing about vws that's selling it. They have already stated the price isn't coming down anymore
you should have the heater remote key, water cap keys, awning handle, fly screens, child safety net for upstairs, anything else you can get quite easily. Have you got both lists from the vip download section?

Yes I've seen it but not checked over most things. I am happy it has the warranty so if anything doesn't work I can get it fixed. On the Handover checklist is there a certain place each item should be ?
Awning handle is in the pull out drawer under the rear seat. Fly screens too.

They have not registered it in there name. They just have the v5 as it was when the guy traded it in. It states 1 previous owner

Yes ! :) Not a worry for me. I think I looked under the rear seat and there was nothing in there !

Yes ! :) Not a worry for me. I think I looked under the rear seat and there was nothing in there !
Well if it has the wind out awning you need the handle to check it is ok, wind it out 1/2 metre then drop the legs down and lock them to support the awning as you wind it out, keep moving the legs every now and then to a new position as you unwind it.

Deal done today
Collect it a week on Saturday
Hopefully everything is there.
At £27500 is it the cheapest 2010 out there ?

That is the cheapest facelift I have seen, congratulations.

BTW, did you check to see if the cam belt was replaced? If not it might be worth asking them to get it done for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi not sure if it's had the Cambelt replaced I will ask.
Should I have remotes for the heating. I noticed a panel in the rear to operate the heating. How does it actually work. Is there a separate diesel night heater ?