Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Premium leather look seat covers

Hi Mr_bluesky.

Thank you for your post and pictures of your Candy White California, looks very nice indeed. Now eagerly Waiting for delivery of our seat covers.
I have asked on a previous post can you still push the seat down to gain access to the isofix .

Alan

Hi Mr_bluesky.

Thank you for your post and pictures of your Candy White California, looks very nice indeed. Now eagerly Waiting for delivery of our seat covers.
I have asked on a previous post can you still push the seat down to gain access to the isofix .

Alan
Yes Alan you can, the seat covers have all been pre-cut to accommodate the isofix. Hope this helps,

Very much so, we take the grandchildren, so important that we can still use the isofix, at present using Inka waterproof covers, problem is I have to unzip the back part of cover to fit child seat.
:thanks:thanks:thanks:thumb:upsidedown

Do these covers come in dark grey/light grey, or are they black/light grey? They look quality. I am fed up continuously cleaning the factory fabric so am interested and I see little value in covering the seats with identical covers (Brandrup) to factory fit just to keep the originals clean for the next owner. The posted pics show they fit really well but up close do they look like covers? Keen to hear/see from owners how they look up close.

Very much so, we take the grandchildren, so important that we can still use the isofix, at present using Inka waterproof covers, problem is I have to unzip the back part of cover to fit child seat.
Do these covers come in dark grey/light grey, or are they black/light grey? They look quality. I am fed up continuously cleaning the factory fabric so am interested and I see little value in covering the seats with identical covers (Brandrup) to factory fit just to keep the originals clean for the next owner. The posted pics show they fit really well but up close do they look like covers? Keen to hear/see from owners how they look up close.
ha
Hi Hantshog,,
I had exactly the same dilemma as yourself and thought why cover with replica covers when they would still get dirty just the same as the original seating, To be honest the price did put me off and did consider the Gti covers but opted for these instead, mainly because they are easier to clean..just wipe over with a damp microfibre cloth.
The covers are Black/Grey however I would say ( in my opinion ) they were more Graphite Grey/ Light Grey, others may disagree !
I have friends who have commented on the quality and look, thinking they were genuine leather seats. Fit properly and you wouldn’t tell the difference unless you get up really close !!

ha

Hi Hantshog,,
I had exactly the same dilemma as yourself and thought why cover with replica covers when they would still get dirty just the same as the original seating, To be honest the price did put me off and did consider the Gti covers but opted for these instead, mainly because they are easier to clean..just wipe over with a damp microfibre cloth.
The covers are Black/Grey however I would say ( in my opinion ) they were more Graphite Grey/ Light Grey, others may disagree !
I have friends who have commented on the quality and look, thinking they were genuine leather seats. Fit properly and you wouldn’t tell the difference unless you get up really close !!
Thanks for the feedback Mr_bluesky. I was hoping they look graphite grey as not sure black goes as there is no black elsewhere in the van. It's the easy to clean feature of these that appeals plus the fact they don't look aftermarket. Cheers

Would be interesting in hearing about these too in terms of how well they stand up, plus what would make a good matching carpet ? One of the advantages I can see is that they would help a dark grey or black carpet blend in with the van as it introduces a darker colour (graphite ? dark gray?) in terms of the overall palette ? Thanks Scoobz

Would be interesting in hearing about these too in terms of how well they stand up, plus what would make a good matching carpet ? One of the advantages I can see is that they would help a dark grey or black carpet blend in with the van as it introduces a darker colour (graphite ? dark gray?) in terms of the overall palette ? Thanks Scoobz

We have the Nimbus & Anthracite seat covers fitted since September, they are excellent quality & fit like a glove. Our 2 Beagles are on the back seat all the time, no issues with the covers they’re as good as new. They are expensive but we would definitely buy them again :upsidedown

Hello Alan
I’ve owned my Cali Beach in candy white for about 6 months now, and one of the first purchases I made were these seat covers. Although expensive they are worth every penny, quality is superb and if fitted properly and carefully they look just like leather seats. I decided to go for Black/Grey as per picture on California shop site and they compliment my grey interior perfectly. Took me about 4-5 hours to fit I don’t think you will have any regrets with either colour set !! Happy shopping.

Paul
View attachment 48853View attachment 48854View attachment 48855
Mr Bluesky - can I ask you what carpets and colour you have there - seem to be a good match for the seats ? Plus would you purchase them again ? Thanks Scoobz ps pretty convinced i am going to go with these as have 2 dogs - just need to make sure I get a carpet set that matches well

HI all - Have all the trim off and fitting these ! Before I put it back can someone please tell me what you are meant to do with the various elasticated straps on the base of the front seats - what do they attach to if anything ? Do the back ones get cut -off

Last edited:
HI all - Have all the trim off and fitting these ! Before I put it back can someone please tell me what you are meant to do with the various elasticated straps on the base of the front seats - what do they attach to if anything ?

Hi Scoobz1,
I fitted mine to the metal swivel base, you have to be careful where you place them because of being able to still swivel the front captains seat. I snapped one of mine because I fitted one of the clips to the metal base and when I swivelled the seat one had snapped.I don’t think they make much of a difference in my opinion. Just stretch them slightly to keep the covers taught. Hope you are pleased with your purchase ?

Hi Scoobz1,
I fitted mine to the metal swivel base, you have to be careful where you place them because of being able to still swivel the front captains seat. I snapped one of mine because I fitted one of the clips to the metal base and when I swivelled the seat one had snapped.I don’t think they make much of a difference in my opinion. Just stretch them slightly to keep the covers taught. Hope you are pleased with your purchase ?
Back and from using the little metal hooks ? Seat covers look really good but the pictures (instructions) are absolutely useless - a few words on each photo wouldn't go amiss

Back and from using the little metal hooks ? Seat covers look really good but the pictures (instructions) are absolutely useless - a few words on each photo wouldn't go amiss
A bit of trial and error, before I fitted the trim I swivelled the front seats and made sure the elastic strips and clips revolved with the seat in case they snagged against the seat base, it’s quite tight under those seats not much room to play with. Im glad you like your covers it’s always difficult to recommend products to other Cali owners, accessories are a personal thing.Hope you enjoy the covers as I’m sure you will, fitting these things is always a struggle as we all like these things to look nice and fit well !!

Hi Scoobz1,
PLus 1 for the snapped elasticated fitting ! Forgot i had one attached when trying to find a suitable place for the other one at the front (can't seem to find anything that really works for the hooks so will use some industrial Velcro for a bit more flexibility. As you say they don't seem to do much anyway but will help just keep things out of the way . The ones on the back of the front seat base seem even more pointless - did you bother with these ? Really like the seat covers and they do look like a factory install

Would love to fit the premium leather look covers to my van but I have alcantara seat, which are a pain to keep clean, have been informed that they will fit alcantara seats but not as well as fabric seats.
Would love to hear feedback from anyone who has fitted them to alcantara seats

What is the feedback on maintenance and cleaning compared to fabric seats?
Do they stay cleaner, are they less sensitive to humidity? Are they not susceptible to scratches?
Is the touch pleasant in hot weather and/or in cold weather?
Would you recommend them for families with children?
Thank you in advance for your information.

Hi Lorri,

I was wondering if you could share your thoughts about the seat covers from an experienced user perspective? I am thinking about ordering the same or similar ones.

Thank you
Hi. We are very pleased with the results of our seat covers, few people thought we’d had them recovered professionally. We do still use a throw on bench seat but mainly at night to keep cosy. We don’t have children or pets with us on holiday so hopefully no accidents will occur in respect of scratches or rips. As of yet we cannot see any colour fade. I remember Hubby used a kitchen spatula to help push elastic loops through to back of bench to ensure tight fit.

What is the feedback on maintenance and cleaning compared to fabric seats?
Do they stay cleaner, are they less sensitive to humidity? Are they not susceptible to scratches?
Is the touch pleasant in hot weather and/or in cold weather?
Would you recommend them for families with children?
Thank you in advance for your information.
We find these excellent, especially having two dogs. They’ve been on for 18 months, very easy to clean. We would recommend them.

C07C4B09-AA35-4221-BA41-F4C1D2E33149.jpeg

B2C1D92E-9A18-439D-A285-FE2D6DDD8E1C.jpeg

8A74EF48-372B-4C29-B47F-73709435CE22.jpeg

Hi. We are very pleased with the results of our seat covers, few people thought we’d had them recovered professionally. We do still use a throw on bench seat but mainly at night to keep cosy. We don’t have children or pets with us on holiday so hopefully no accidents will occur in respect of scratches or rips. As of yet we cannot see any colour fade. I remember Hubby used a kitchen spatula to help push elastic loops through to back of bench to ensure tight fit.
Thanks Lorri and BeagleMum.

At the moment they are first on my shortlist so glad to read the positive reviews.

Thanks again :)