Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pressing issue/sticky situation

Graham T

Graham T

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Urgent, technical guidance required on club sticker etiquette. How many? What size? and Where to put them? Any thoughts/pics? I've got a large and a small but do I need a text only version? Off-side, near-side, rear window, all three? Come on people, you can't have anything more important to think about, surely. :D Oh, the stress!

.... I need to get out more, don't I? :confused:

Well I don't think there is a club sticker etiquette. It comes down to personal choice I suppose.

For what it's worth my view is that windows are for letting in light but mainly for seeing out of so if stickers are your thing then they're best stuck elsewhere. Too many on windows and it could become a safety concern.

Urgent, technical guidance required on club sticker etiquette. How many? What size? and Where to put them? Any thoughts/pics? I've got a large and a small but do I need a text only version? Off-side, near-side, rear window, all three? Come on people, you can't have anything more important to think about, surely. :D Oh, the stress!

.... I need to get out more, don't I? :confused:
We have a large one on the rear side window on both sides. Have seen others with the same.

0009446E-F6F5-4FF6-AF6D-AE55B6B1F9F7.jpeg

What are your other awning stickers @Perfectos? I think I can make out a Santa Pod sticker and maybe a US flag?
Rear: awning
Santa Pod raceway
croyde surfers paradise

front: awning:
Brittany Flag
Club (solid black)

various other in side windows from events: bus fest, Big Bang Bus, Bug jam etc
rear screen :
club sticker one side + a Salt rock sitting TOK, otherside of rear screen. (sorry @Borris )

For the life of me I cannot understand why to put stickers on a vw van,
They are not particularly attractive, serve no real purpose apart from some third parties advertising.
I wouldn’t put them on my car and indeed just stripped off two that sneaked onto my windows after routine service visits

if it’s fashion or styling ok but just tacky cheap advertising stickers no.

For the life of me I cannot understand why to put stickers on a vw van,
They are not particularly attractive, serve no real purpose apart from some third parties advertising.
I wouldn’t put them on my car and indeed just stripped off two that sneaked onto my windows after routine service visits

if it’s fashion or styling ok but just tacky cheap advertising stickers no.
Dates back to the swinging 60’s.
(I know they weren’t adverts back then :) )

BDF115DC-3C8D-4999-A22F-A227A22098F1.png

I must be advertising Brittany and Croyde and a whole host of events with special memories with my tatty stickers.

maybe I should de badge the van and remove all the VW references also, not that they need the advertising !

if you can’t say anything nice !

Last edited:
I did say if it’s fashion or styling ok.
Whatever rocks your boat, but tatty advertising no thanks, they just get old faded and scruffy, what’s the point on a beautiful expensive van
I’m old, faded and scruffy - just waiting for my stickers to catch up :)

On the back, under the California badge. To hide the area of slightly discoloured paint where a GB stickers was for about 10 years

I just don't get them!

Why would anyone else be interested in where you've been or what your political views are on a particular subject or how "surfers do it" or that you have a particular breed of show animal onboard or what faith you have or which football team you support or dare I say it, what club you belong to? Who else really cares.

However, where my lack of understanding turns into full blown dislike are for those bods who usually drive beaten up mud covered four wheel drive vehicles emblazoned with the blatantly obvious "You only have one life so live it". This is usually code for:, my anti social hobby is churning up bridle ways into an impassable quagmire.

Unless there is a purpose to a sticker e.g a parking permit or similar then imo they serve no purpose what so ever.

Just my grumpy old man views so don't start throwing your toys about.

Back