Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pressing issue/sticky situation

I just don't get them!

Why would anyone else be interested in where you've been or what your political views are on a particular subject or how "surfers do it" or that you have a particular breed of show animal onboard or what faith you have or which football team you support or dare I say it, what club you belong to? Who else really cares.

However, where my lack of understanding turns into full blown dislike are for those bods who usually drive beaten up mud covered four wheel drive vehicles emblazoned with the blatantly obvious "You only have one life so live it". This is usually code for:, my anti social hobby is churning up bridle ways into an impassable quagmire.

Unless there is a purpose to a sticker e.g a parking permit or similar then imo they serve no purpose what so ever.

Just my grumpy old man views so don't start throwing your toys about.
I gave up on stickers on the van as you only lose them when you change van.
So they all go on the cool box!01A7985C-CEF3-4A1D-8A86-D586F6E355D0.jpeg758EF931-B1ED-4EDB-8BE9-3C0497D0655F.jpeg

I just don't get them!

Why would anyone else be interested in where you've been or what your political views are on a particular subject or how "surfers do it" or that you have a particular breed of show animal onboard or what faith you have or which football team you support or dare I say it, what club you belong to? Who else really cares.

However, where my lack of understanding turns into full blown dislike are for those bods who usually drive beaten up mud covered four wheel drive vehicles emblazoned with the blatantly obvious "You only have one life so live it". This is usually code for:, my anti social hobby is churning up bridle ways into an impassable quagmire.

Unless there is a purpose to a sticker e.g a parking permit or similar then imo they serve no purpose what so ever.

@Borris I love the irony.
You question why anybody would be interested in somebody elses views etc and at the same time give your own views :)

No stickers, no names, no "funny" quips or images and no manufacturer decals (California Ocean or TDI) except for the VW badge. That should be the rule.

@Borris I love the irony.
You question why anybody would be interested in somebody elses views etc and at the same time give your own views :)
Oh come off it GG. This is about stickers not debate. If you have an opinion on this forum then I'm always interested in what you have to say. Actually, I always enjoy reading your offerings and sometimes respond accordingly. On the other hand you could slap all manner of tacky stickers all over your van proclaiming all sorts of random statements etc and I couldn't give a fig. How many people do you imagine actually read these things? If that's irony then I'm guilty as charged.

Oh come off it GG. This is about stickers not debate. If you have an opinion on this forum then I'm always interested in what you have to say. Actually, I always enjoy reading your offerings and sometimes respond accordingly. On the other hand you could slap all manner of tacky stickers all over your van proclaiming all sorts of random statements etc and I couldn't give a fig. How many people do you imagine actually read these things? If that's irony then I'm guilty as charged.
Enjoy your posts too @Borris.
On the bodywork, I’ve actually restricted my sticker fetish to the very tasteful VWCC one - my windscreen however is another matter - C&MC; C&CC; Britstops; NT; German and French Emission discs; VIN Chip.

Enjoy your posts too @Borris.
On the bodywork, I’ve actually restricted my sticker fetish to the very tasteful VWCC one - my windscreen however is another matter - C&MC; C&CC; Britstops; NT; German and French Emission discs; VIN Chip.
Well I also confess to having an NT sticker in the windscreen. That's only there because it sometimes saves us the task of fumbling around in the glove box to find our membership card on our regular visits to the local Dover cliffs site. It depends who is on duty in the entrance booth though. :thumb

Well I also confess to having an NT sticker in the windscreen. That's only there because it sometimes saves us the task of fumbling around in the glove box to find our membership card on our regular visits to the local Dover cliffs site. It depends who is on duty in the entrance booth though. :thumb
I found some appropriate stickers you’ll like Borris :thumb:pinkbanana

CE9E4A63-B624-4662-9BD8-CCBAD1C82146.jpeg

F704F9E5-7A8B-4FDA-AD4A-E466F2B429FF.jpeg

83035F15-8BCD-411D-9F45-C709ECE8489D.jpeg

3C8A4F90-C532-4320-88D4-F1F8E37323DD.jpeg

19C91547-C809-45D5-9E33-A16B30E3DEE5.jpeg

Last edited:
The sticker poster cares, they are there to remind them of past trips, holidays etc. and of course, they would like you to notice.

The sticker poster cares, they are there to remind them of past trips, holidays etc. and of course, they would like you to notice.
Accepted but I rarely take notice of what's written on stickers. Others may do but not I. They're just one of my pet dislikes.

On a similar vein I don't like graffiti or clothing with any form of manufactures name or logo on it, especially under crackers with the makers name emblazoned on the elastic in ten foot high letters for all to see. If they want a mobile advertising hoarding then it isn't going to be me. The trouble is finding casual clothes without such markings is becoming increasingly difficult. Also, I don't like T shirts bearing slogans, advertising, political statements or sage advice. I don't like peanut butter, cyclists who shout at the tops of their voices or dog slobber either.

On the other hand I do like marmite and babies although not together. I love a wine gum or several dozen and adore the feeling of being away off grid in our Cali....... but I don't like stickers.

We are all different. :thumb

Last edited:
Accepted but I rarely take notice of what's written on stickers. Others may do but not I. They're just one on my pet dislikes.

On a similar vein I don't like graffiti or clothing with any form of manufactures name or logo on it, especially under crackers with the makers name emblazoned on the elastic in ten foot high letters for all to see. If they want a mobile advertising hoarding then it isn't going to be me. The trouble is finding casual clothes without such markings is becoming increasingly difficult. Also, I don't like T shirts bearing slogans, advertising, political statements or sage advice. I don't like peanut butter, cyclists who shout at the tops of their voices or dog slobber either.

On the other hand I do like marmite and babies although not together. I love a wine gum or several dozen and adore the feeling of being away off grid in our Cali....... but I don't like stickers.

An appropriate selection for your more discerning palate :rolleyes:

11DA9F8B-4A81-4DBA-8ABD-01BB7517EC90.jpeg

F27E8A90-E4B6-4CE7-B4AF-1D8893A463BD.jpeg

D251DD80-785D-4825-A9BF-CFE2212C3CA1.jpeg

9DE549BF-DBDA-484B-B171-EEA973401CD4.jpeg

The trouble is finding casual clothes without such markings is becoming increasingly difficult.
We're getting a bit off topic, but I agree 100%. Why should I be a walking advert. Again, it's the modern tendency for the wearer to let all and sundry know their cool fashion choices.
Maybe it's an age thing?

I just don't get them!

Insurance companies may not like them either, especially stickers that show affiliation to a sports team or political party as they could incite vandalism. They could be classed as a modification to the vehicle

Accepted but I rarely take notice of what's written on stickers. Others may do but not I. They're just one on my pet dislikes.

Peanut butter is a basic food group, just like wine, beer and GTs.

Insurance companies may not like them either, especially stickers that show affiliation to a sports team or political party as they could incite vandalism. They could be classed as a modification to the vehicle
Oh no! Watch out for Marco Polo owners wielding baseball bats!

We're getting a bit off topic, but I agree 100%. Why should I be a walking advert. Again, it's the modern tendency for the wearer to let all and sundry know their cool fashion choices.
Maybe it's an age thing?
No not off topic. I was merely illustrating that we all have different tastes and a dislike for stickers is perfectly legitimate. :thumb

My take, stickers and mods, driver who Owns his vehicle and proud of it.
No mods or stickers, bought with future re-sale in mind or on PCP. ;)

Quite out of touch with those of us who bought outright to keep and don’t like stickers.

Back