Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ORDERING T6 OPTION PROBLEMS.

Anyone know the score with the heated rear screen / wash/wipe on an Ocean? It is shown as a non-cost option. But - is it available with the laminated glass pack AND is it available with the privacy glass option?

Anyone know the score with the heated rear screen / wash/wipe on an Ocean? It is shown as a non-cost option. But - is it available with the laminated glass pack AND is it available with the privacy glass option?
Dmailer I do know if you go for the rear heated window you loose the double glazed widow !!

I was told if you get the heated rear screen you loose the thicker glass in the rear.

Dmailer I do know if you go for the rear heated window you loose the double glazed widow !!
I get the fact that you can't have a heated rear screen if it is double glazed but do you lose the rear wash/wipe as well? That doesn't make any sense.

My understanding and hope I can confirm this in real life in a couple of weeks.... I'm getting a standard double glazed rear window with wash wipe... if I took the no cost option of heated rear widow I would loose the double glazing? ??? Sure ain't simple....

My understanding and hope I can confirm this in real life in a couple of weeks.... I'm getting a standard double glazed rear window with wash wipe... if I took the no cost option of heated rear widow I would loose the double glazing? ??? Sure ain't simple....

That's what I was told at the garage so went for that as well.

We have heated screen and ours is built, awaiting delivery in 3 weeks!

I give up :(

I guess the positive is I have more time to save up for my options o_O

GLASS OPTIONS

This is really a confusing subject and this posting is probably not going to make it any less so. The standard specification for both the Beach and the Ocean States the windshield as being “heat insulated compound glass”. Question, is this laminated or something else? Everything points to it being laminated as standard, but why do they not call it laminated?

If you specify the Z2C Laminated glass package in cab option, you get,

QC2 Laminated glass front, privacy glass rear rear.
4HG Rear window (insulated glass) with rear window wiper and washer system, not heated
4GL Laminated windshield. ( therefore if you do not specify the laminated glass package do you not get a laminated windscreen which I have been told is standard anyway.

SMG said that it meant that the side windows in the cab were laminated, the windscreen was laminated as standard these would have a 21% tint

VW clarification at the beginning of this thread states that there are two glass option packs available for the Beach Z2A and Z2B, looking at the options list it states that only Z2A is available on the Beach and Z2B standard on the Ocean, I'm glad I'm clear about that.

Oh no! Reading back through VW's clarification I’ve just spotted another anomaly, I think I'm now fully qualified to work at VW because I haven't got a clue what the options are. I'll give them a call tomorrow to get clarification of the clarification.

GLASS OPTIONS

This is really a confusing subject and this posting is probably not going to make it any less so. The standard specification for both the Beach and the Ocean States the windshield as being “heat insulated compound glass”. Question, is this laminated or something else? Everything points to it being laminated as standard, but why do they not call it laminated?

If you specify the Z2C Laminated glass package in cab option, you get,

QC2 Laminated glass front, privacy glass rear rear.
4HG Rear window (insulated glass) with rear window wiper and washer system, not heated
4GL Laminated windshield. ( therefore if you do not specify the laminated glass package do you not get a laminated windscreen which I have been told is standard anyway.

SMG said that it meant that the side windows in the cab were laminated, the windscreen was laminated as standard these would have a 21% tint

VW clarification at the beginning of this thread states that there are two glass option packs available for the Beach Z2A and Z2B, looking at the options list it states that only Z2A is available on the Beach and Z2B standard on the Ocean, I'm glad I'm clear about that.

Oh no! Reading back through VW's clarification I’ve just spotted another anomaly, I think I'm now fully qualified to work at VW because I haven't got a clue what the options are. I'll give them a call tomorrow to get clarification of the clarification.
Not going to attempt to try and make any sense of this... but my thoughts are the Front screen will be Laminated as Standard for safety reasons ???????

Not going to attempt to try and make any sense of this... but my thoughts are the Front screen will be Laminated as Standard for safety reasons ???????
I have been advised that the front windscreen is laminated as standard. The laminated glass pack gives thicker glass on the windscreen and the cab side windows. The benefits are supposedly noise reduction and improved security (i.e. the cab side windows would be more difficult to smash).

I have been advised that the front windscreen is laminated as standard. The laminated glass pack gives thicker glass on the windscreen and the cab side windows. The benefits are supposedly noise reduction and improved security (i.e. the cab side windows would be more difficult to smash).

Though this apparently excludes the sliding windows?

I've been told that the laminated glass pack also includes privacy.

HELP WITH T6 OPTIONS

SMG Tonbridge have offered to help forum members who are having trouble sorting out T6 options.

Contact Laine Watts lwatts@smguk.co.uk

We've been in contact with both Chris Figg at SMG Cowfold and Laine Watts at SMG Tonbridge, both have been most enthusiastic and helpful guiding us through the options maze for SusiBus T6.

Re privacy glass.
From VW Brand Support "The information we have is that privacy/dark tinted glass gives 55% tint. Laminated Tinted Glass gives 21.1%".

So if seems that it is either the laminated glass pack OR full privacy glass - not both.
Is the 21% tint darker i.e. Is it 21% VLT?

image.jpg

VWCS HELP(!) WITH T6 OPTION PROBLEMS

Despite having been asked by VW Head Office to liaise between forum members and customer services to sort out problems being experienced with the options list, it has taken over a week for customer services to reply to my request for some clarity.

Below is VWCS’s reply to my request for some information on options.

“Apologies for the delay in contacting you today.Thank you for your recent contact on behalf of the California Owners Club Forum.The reason my response is later than advised is that I am in the process of waiting for a timescale for when the T6 brochure will be available for customers. Once this is provided to me I will inform you.After receiving your email requesting clarity on certain options and features on the new California, I have been liaising with all the relevant departments from the Factory to our Product marketing team. The issue we have is that as these details are not specifically for an order you have placed or indeed another customers order, but are to be published on a non VW site we are concerned that information may be miss coynstrued or wrongly interpreted, leading to further issues and problems.We are however willing to liaise with a Van Centre of your choice to arrange a meeting to discuss any potential orders, then when this has taken place we would be happy to communicate with the Sales Executive and finalise any queries you may have. As we are happy to do with any other potential customers wanting to place a California or T6 order.I appreciate this is not the response you were expecting, however I hope that you can understand our position on the matter. We are not wanting to cause further confusion or misunderstandings, so feel that if any customer is uncertain about any feature on any of our models they discuss this in great detail with the Sales team at their local Van Centre, who in turn will get clarity from the relevant departments within the Volkswagen Group”.

Am I being a bit over sensitive, or am I right in thinking someone at head office might need to remind customer services what their job title entails?

I think I may have a little chat with head office to see what their take is on this!

The whole reason you are taking on this voluntary job to sell £50k vehicle for VW is because their very own "Sales Executives" have absolutely no Idea what they are on about or what they are "trying" to sell, so why are they sending people back to the dealerships!

I find it unbelievable that a company of VWs size are using an unpaid go between to sort out the options on a hugely expensive vehicle when they have a network of sale centres and an army of salesmen that are supposed to earn a living selling the aforementioned vehicles.

This is not meant in any way as a dig at you SusiBus, you deserve a medal for trying to sort out VWs short comings again as you did before with the roof corrosion problem.

Well, I would say the typical VW transportation customer is a big company that orders vans/pickups in 30-100 cars at once and they don't care about options, just a low price.
I have experienced the worst possible answers from VW Transport sales staff shopping for a California or an Amarok. Not the typical, I would check it up for you, but just wrong answer to many questions. It has been the opposite in my contacts with German dealers, except they refuse the answer when I question them in english :)

No medals please, I'm not the only one that's having to put hours into trying to sort out the options when ordering a T6, but you're right why as potential owners wanting to purchase a £50/60,000 vehicle do we have to sort it out for VW?

I feel sorry for the dealers because they are also having to work from poor information but perhaps they should to be shouting at VW more loudly, because as one dealer said to me “In all my years of working for VW this is the worst launch of any vehicle I can remember.

How come,
You can now have a Beach in Pure Grey, an Ocean in Grape Yellow, or have the internal cupboard with dark wood effect with all dark silver decorative trim whatever that is.

That you can have a diff lock on a 4Motion but it's not mentioned.

The list says, 99 mph adaptive cruise control is not available on the ocean,but the dealer configurator allows them to order it.

17” chassis with 17” brake system what is that all about when nearly all california's have 17” wheels as standard.

I must stop I'm starting to get worked up, I'll go and have a cup of camomile tea and calm down, then prepare for a nice little chat to the VW.

I just hope that when SusBus T6 arrives, I'm not looking at it saying that is not what I ordered!

Well well done anyway and enjoy your tea. You are right about the dealers and it is the reason I have held back. I am dealing with a very experienced dealer who simply does not have the information. Even if he could work out a particular issue he will still no doubt be surprised by the sudden changes in the latest brochure. A complete and utter shambles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I should have said “some” of the dealers because some of them clearly don't care a s***, and should not be selling a prestige vehicle like a California, not having even ability often to be able to return a phone call.

I think the big problem possibly lies with poorly train staff at customer services, or an attitude within customer services and VW generally.

I remember clearly VW customer services saying that there was no problem with roof corrosion, and then when that was proved to them that they had a problem, that it was acceptable for UK customers to have a botched spray repair, while in Germany they had a more comprehensive repair.

I think I should have said “some” of the dealers because some of them clearly don't care a s***, and should not be selling a prestige vehicle like a California, not having even ability often to be able to return a phone call.

I think the big problem possibly lies with poorly train staff at customer services, or an attitude within customer services and VW generally.

I remember clearly VW customer services saying that there was no problem with roof corrosion, and then when that was proved to them that they had a problem, that it was acceptable for UK customers to have a botched spray repair, while in Germany they had a more comprehensive repair.

What was the more comprehensive repair in Germany?

VWCS HELP(!) WITH T6 OPTION PROBLEMS

Despite having been asked by VW Head Office to liaise between forum members and customer services to sort out problems being experienced with the options list, it has taken over a week for customer services to reply to my request for some clarity.

Below is VWCS’s reply to my request for some information on options.

“Apologies for the delay in contacting you today.Thank you for your recent contact on behalf of the California Owners Club Forum.The reason my response is later than advised is that I am in the process of waiting for a timescale for when the T6 brochure will be available for customers. Once this is provided to me I will inform you.After receiving your email requesting clarity on certain options and features on the new California, I have been liaising with all the relevant departments from the Factory to our Product marketing team. The issue we have is that as these details are not specifically for an order you have placed or indeed another customers order, but are to be published on a non VW site we are concerned that information may be miss coynstrued or wrongly interpreted, leading to further issues and problems.We are however willing to liaise with a Van Centre of your choice to arrange a meeting to discuss any potential orders, then when this has taken place we would be happy to communicate with the Sales Executive and finalise any queries you may have. As we are happy to do with any other potential customers wanting to place a California or T6 order.I appreciate this is not the response you were expecting, however I hope that you can understand our position on the matter. We are not wanting to cause further confusion or misunderstandings, so feel that if any customer is uncertain about any feature on any of our models they discuss this in great detail with the Sales team at their local Van Centre, who in turn will get clarity from the relevant departments within the Volkswagen Group”.

Am I being a bit over sensitive, or am I right in thinking someone at head office might need to remind customer services what their job title entails?

I think I may have a little chat with head office to see what their take is on this!
Susibus is doing a grand job of sorting out the options list. Does anybody feel able to help VWCS with their spelling, grammar, and punctuation ? Unpaid of course.

snowy55
Sorry I can't remember the details, but it was that comment that UK California owners were being offered a poor repair which lead us into pursuing VW, finally ending up with the repair that is being done today.

WLAN

Out of all the options packages the audio and communications is the one that I've really struggled to fully understand, but “ I THINK “ WLAN in layman's terms does the following:

1 Makes your mobile phone work better by connecting automatically to some form of land based transmitter

2 It's like having a local tourist board on your dashboard. It picks up information from local transmitters informing you of special events that might be happening in the area, places of interest to visit locally, the cheapest place to buy petrol to your current position, local travel information etc, and the location of your local VW dealer.

3 Again “ I think “ it is involved in the facility for connecting your vehicle directly to VW for diagnosis of enroute problems, in the unlikely case that you should have a mechanical malady!

Whether you are buying a future Betamax system or something that will turn out to be a must have option, I am not sure.

Following are two links, one which might help to confuse you, but one I think is quite enlightening:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...r2PggP-9HcDaK65Gg&sig2=tPI4x6dhjTmwtjmUqXUrog
http://www.volkswagenag.com/content...d_networking/connected_world/car_to_home.html

Back