Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ORDERING T6 OPTION PROBLEMS.

Agreed. That is what I thought. Intended going for it as it does not then become so expensive but now not sure. Throw in Z1Y cruise control with multifunction steering wheel including side scan and I am even more confused.
Anyone know about the electric doors. Saw and liked them on a T6 Caravelle on which they come as standard.
Sorry answered my own question. Was working off printed options sheet which I now see is dated 7/8/2015 my version on IPAD is dated Sep 2015 and shows the Electric Doors at £282.

Sorry answered my own question. Was working off printed options sheet which I now see is dated 7/8/2015 my version on IPAD is dated Sep 2015 and shows the Electric Doors at £282.
Last post and I am going for a lie down. Not looking anymore until I can see one in showroom with correct options list. I post this just in case anyone else has done the same. Going to VW website if you click on "see our California price list here" you get a document without the codes that does give the cost of the electric sliding doors. If you go to the California Ocean and click on Options list you get the sheet with all the codes which does not give the cost for that item. So the web site conflicts.
As I am not in a hurry and do not wish to cause grief to some poor chap in VW showroom I shall wait.
Good luck all!

Huh, we have lhd cars and the california can only be ordered as an Ocean and still dealers in sweden dont have access to a config tool or pricelist.
I agree, the transport section of the VW dealers are horrible. I was in the market for a VW Amarok a while ago, manu dealers claimed it has dsg box for example.

DELIVERY DELAY
VW said today that California orders taken last week, (week 4 of October), are subject to a 15 week delivery time to the UK dealer, which puts the build date approximately 6 weeks prior to that.

COLOURED BELLOWS
Promised to be an option from week 45, will now not be available until next year.

Hello Susibus. You have started a really useful topic for those of us that are about to order a T6 Cali. Thank you.
The earlier posts on the forum about the MFSW have been particularly helpful.
Our current vehicle still has a cassette player in it - so we just need to get to grips with the different audio and communications options that are available before we place our order in a couple of weeks time.
If folk near (or passing through) the York area want to see the new T6 version I received a call from VW York (JCT600) this afternoon who informed me that a Cali Ocean has just arrived in their showroom.

Hello Susibus. You have started a really useful topic for those of us that are about to order a T6 Cali. Thank you.
The earlier posts on the forum about the MFSW have been particularly helpful.
Our current vehicle still has a cassette player in it - so we just need to get to grips with the different audio and communications options that are available before we place our order in a couple of weeks time.
If folk near (or passing through) the York area want to see the new T6 version I received a call from VW York (JCT600) this afternoon who informed me that a Cali Ocean has just arrived in their showroom.
Thanks Black Sheep I shall start a thread with the title Showrooms where you can see a Cali, which model and what colour.

£120 extra, so probably not. I'm going for 4MOTION, so any extra grip from the tyres will be welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Angus, I've been told that I couldn't specify all season tyres on a 4 motion. They took them off my order

Winter tyres

I've been told there is a problem currently with choosing the winter tyre option this should be resolved after Christmas. So hopefully you can order them ready for the use in the summer ! I'll try to get clarification.

I am assuming this is not a supply issue or a technical issue. I suspect therefore that this must be a fuel economy issue?

Well there do seem to be some problems knowing what equipment is standard on the Ocean. Here are two:

1. Tyres. The standard wheels are Davenport 7J x 17. Standard tyres for the 150 PS per July Price list were 215/65 R17 C 109/107T. There are no such tyres available, and they would be the wrong rolling radius if there were. (215/65 R16 tyres would be valid but 16" wheels are not offered for the Ocean 150.) On querying this through the dealer in August it was said to be a misprint for 215/60 R17. Yet the same tyres are still shown on the 10 September Price List. What tyres will really appear?

2. 'Downstairs' Bed. Option 3U7 Bed Extension with Sleeping Mat is said to be standard whilst Option 3U1 Bed Extension with Comfort Sleeping Mat is £195 + VAT extra. But what is the difference? Is 3U7 a full length mat? There is no illustrated options price list for the T6.

My conclusion is that one will just have to wait and see!

Well there do seem to be some problems knowing what equipment is standard on the Ocean. Here are two:

1. Tyres. The standard wheels are Davenport 7J x 17. Standard tyres for the 150 PS per July Price list were 215/65 R17 C 109/107T. There are no such tyres available, and they would be the wrong rolling radius if there were. (215/65 R16 tyres would be valid but 16" wheels are not offered for the Ocean 150.) On querying this through the dealer in August it was said to be a misprint for 215/60 R17. Yet the same tyres are still shown on the 10 September Price List. What tyres will really appear?

2. 'Downstairs' Bed. Option 3U7 Bed Extension with Sleeping Mat is said to be standard whilst Option 3U1 Bed Extension with Comfort Sleeping Mat is £195 + VAT extra. But what is the difference? Is 3U7 a full length mat? There is no illustrated options price list for the T6.

My conclusion is that one will just have to wait and see!
I can only answer Q2.
On the T5 SE, the Bed Extension sits lower than the Seat when in bed mode, so as standard you got a small mattress to fit the extension to level it off. The VW Comfort Mattress has 3 sections within the cover. 2 sections are about 2" thick and cover the seat and the third section is about 4" thick and sits on the extension. The mattress folds in 3 and fits on the extension.

I have a question .... the 'exterior package' on the beach. Through much research I think it has the directional fogs and an upgrade to the same headlights as the ocean with a chrome strip in it (which are the pluses). It seems though that you get black mirrors - are they painted black or just raw plastic, and if that is the case (raw plastic) I hope I am still getting the painted door handles. The German site seems to imply this but a definitive UK position would be helpful.

I asked my dealer on the all weather tyres toady...

'No news on weather tyres as yet, They MAY be available to Factory order End of January 2016'.

It's unlikley then that I'll be able to opt for these. Hopefully we'll be through the worst of the winter by the time I hopefully get my van on the 1 March.

Same problem as Angus re the brake upgrade. Dealer couldn't find it in the configuration. Still awaiting an answer from VW.

Sushi us - your info re privacy glass contradicts what the dealer told me. I have been told that the laminated glass pack includes full privacy glass. I will go back and question this again. But the configuration will not accept laminated glass and the privacy glass options so if your info is correct then it is one or the other.

I am also being told that the Xenon headlight option includes headlamp washers. Does anyone know if that is correct?

I have a question .... the 'exterior package' on the beach. Through much research I think it has the directional fogs and an upgrade to the same headlights as the ocean with a chrome strip in it (which are the pluses). It seems though that you get black mirrors - are they painted black or just raw plastic, and if that is the case (raw plastic) I hope I am still getting the painted door handles. The German site seems to imply this but a definitive UK position would be helpful.
Ive ordered the exterior package for my beach hoping that the black mirrors are painted not just plastic. I'm pretty sure the handles are body coloured as the German config suggests!

I asked my dealer on the all weather tyres toady...

'No news on weather tyres as yet, They MAY be available to Factory order End of January 2016'.

It's unlikley then that I'll be able to opt for these. Hopefully we'll be through the worst of the winter by the time I hopefully get my van on the 1 March.
Did he give a reason Aidy? I cannot believe it is a supply issue.

I see that drivethedeal.com now lists the T6, and specifies many options. There are savings quoted of at least £4500 on a 204 Ocean manual.

I see that drivethedeal.com now lists the T6, and specifies many options. There are savings quoted of at least £4500 on a 204 Ocean manual.
Yep on my spec or at least nearest I could get my savings came out at 8.8%

Did he give a reason Aidy? I cannot believe it is a supply issue.

No. There have apparently been supply issues that have delayed my Ocean. These have been quoted as the heated screen and the alloys. I'm Hoping for a Jan build and a 1 March pick up so fingers crossed we will beyond the worst of the winter. I'm probably going to get a set of steels and winter tyres for next winter

Electronics seats with memory function option.

Note that these DO NOT rotate therefore hardly suitable for a California.

No. There have apparently been supply issues that have delayed my Ocean. These have been quoted as the heated screen and the alloys. I'm Hoping for a Jan build and a 1 March pick up so fingers crossed we will beyond the worst of the winter. I'm probably going to get a set of steels and winter tyres for next winter

We have heated screen and ours is built, awaiting delivery in 3 weeks!

Now in process of ordering SusiBus T6 and it has become clear that ordering options, and getting it right, is far from as easy as it should be because of ---
  1. No printed brochure available

2. Online brochure with minimal information, inaccuracies and omissions.

3. Dealer configurator with similar problems.

4. Lack of accurate backup knowledge at VW customer service.
We have contacted VW head office and they have asked if the forum can inform them of any OPTION SPECIFICATION problems that members are experiencing so that they can address them.

VW clarifications so far:

1 Diff lock
The differential rear axle lock 1Y4 is available as an option in the Dealer Order Configurator, but this was added later and so needs to be updated on the option list. The price for the rear diff lock is £470 basic ex VAT / £564 incl. VAT and it is only available on 4MOTION derivatives. With regards to functionality the rear differential lock when activated locks the differential on the two rear wheel, i.e. both wheels rotate at the same speed which makes movement on slippery surface, e.g. on ice, off-road, still possible. So, for example when driving off-road and one wheel has lost contact to the surface, mechanical rear diff lock helps to improve manoeuvrability.

2 Privacy glass
From the different glass options only QL0 and Z2C are available on California Ocean, QL4 is standard. We do not have images yet unfortunately, but I can provide a short description. So, QL4 is standard on Ocean which is the green insulating glass in the passenger compartment. QL0 is privacy glass that also provides heat insulation like QL4 but it is further tinted so it is less see through. Z2C is a pack containing laminated glass for the front side windows, privacy glass for the passenger compartment, and a laminated windshield and insulated glass for the rear window. The two latter ones come as standard on a California Ocean anyway

The story is slightly different on Beach where QL3 is standard which is green heat-insulating glass in cab and passenger compartment. As an option on Beach you can get the two packs Z2A and Z2B. Z2A contains above the already standard laminated windshield laminated privacy glass for the passenger compartment with a metal layer aiding also with noise suppression. Z2B gives you insulating green glass for the rear window and the side windows in the passenger compartment.

I think clarification of the clarification might be required ! Anyone help?

This has caused problems in the past when ordering a T5 with vehicles glass tints not fitting the customers expectations when delivered.

I have been informed that somewhere it states that the laminated glass package includes privacy glass but I believe this is only the 20% darker green tint. To get very dark windows you need optional privacy glass which is 55% darker.

Printed brochure - It been delayed again apparently they've had some sort of marketing problem that has diverted resources, oh! and last week was half term ! ! No issue date given.

So please post here any ordering problems that you're having, so we can feed it back to VW, but in the meantime if any members know the answers, please post them to save us asking unnecessary questions.

Re privacy glass.
From VW Brand Support "The information we have is that privacy/dark tinted glass gives 55% tint. Laminated Tinted Glass gives 21.1%".

So if seems that it is either the laminated glass pack OR full privacy glass - not both.

Back