Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Quasimodo T6 bike rack

That is right. And Italy and Spain have different ones. I got this one from Amazon where you can turn it to Spain or Italy.

Is cheaper and more flexible

Uwe

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Given myself some breathing space by deleting bike rack from my dealer fit options. Visited my dealers today and they actually had two Cali's in the car park one with old rack and one with new. It does look that the only issue with the old and the new is the difference in shape where the rack clamps above light cluster. I actually prefer the look of the Cali with the bike rack so it's just a case for me of waiting for the right one. Fingers crossed the old one will fit as I like the way the VW one fits to the vehicle.

Mike

I hope Forum Members take note of the Red Warning sign. A requirement in Italy and Spain ( Has to be Aluminium in Italy ) and present wether you have bicycles on the rack or not.
The sign should be there even with folded rack? What is the point?

The sign should be there even with folded rack? What is the point?
Because it projects beyond the footprint of the vehicle. You can argue with the Italian and Spanish Police if you wish. Let us know how you get on if you do! :thumb

If a towbar projects beyond the footprint should hang it as well? Or a ski box on a roof.

If a towbar projects beyond the footprint should hang it as well? Or a ski box on a roof.
If the Towbar is removable, probably yes, if fixed then no. If Ski Box overhangs rear, then yes.

I received the following reply from my UK VW dealer to the request to order a T5 type bike rack that is available for the T6 in Europe, well that is apart from the UK. Perhaps VW think that we won't be part of the EU after June and prepared themselves in advance!

“ The only rack available from VW in the UK is a 7EO-071-104. I note from picture 2 that the part number is 7EO-071-104A, which we have tried to order and is not available in UK (yet)”

I phoned VW customer services to no avail, so I shall pursue the issue with VW Head Office over the next few days and report back my findings.

I received the following reply from my UK VW dealer to the request to order a T5 type bike rack that is available for the T6 in Europe, well that is apart from the UK. Perhaps VW think that we won't be part of the EU after June and prepared themselves in advance!

“ The only rack available from VW in the UK is a 7EO-071-104. I note from picture 2 that the part number is 7EO-071-104A, which we have tried to order and is not available in UK (yet)”

I phoned VW customer services to no avail, so I shall pursue the issue with VW Head Office over the next few days and report back my findings.
Good stuff. If you get a result on this I shall be buying the beers.

Mike

We have also held off buying a bike rack as like others we dislike the Quasimodo T6 rack, I personally think the T5 rack looks like it is meant to fit whereas the Quasimodo rack looks like something aftermarket you picked up at halfords.

Anybody got a part number for that old bike rack for T6? 7EO-071-104 and 7EO-071-104A are both new rack with just max weight difference.

And regarding outside UK we have those new as well.

Atera Linea is still looking like an alternative. I have requested release date of rack for the T6. Not sure however that it will go on one with the chrome pack as mine does Asked for clarification but seem to remember reading somewhere that it doesn't. I will post if and when I get a reply.

Has anyone tried the old T5 rack on a T6?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got this reply back from Atera very efficient..

"At the moment we do not have any rack for the T6. So we would ask you to have a look on our homepage from time to time, perhaps in 1-2 months."

Mike

Looking nice but I'd wait for an old T5 one.
The price for a new one so outrageous that no rush here :)

i think this T6 bike rack is always going to be a bit marmite, I personally hate it as I really feel it does not look like it belongs on the Cali, whereas the T5 one looked like it was designed especially for the T5, the T6 one does look like something universal picked up from Halfords.

I know not everyone will agree but it just annoys me

Herr we are:

55bcba82dcff7934b613ed263a77f781.jpg

Hope it helps

Ciao

Uwe (Lake Como, Italy)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I hope Forum Members take note of the Red Warning sign. A requirement in Italy and Spain ( Has to be Aluminium in Italy ) and present wether you have bicycles on the rack or not.
Spain requires the warning sign if the load protrudes beyond the width of the vehicle, so not needed when the rack is folded without bikes. Info directly from chief of police in my area.

Last edited:
Glaring error saying only three bikes allowed on Tailgate bike rack. Does not seem to be reliable info.
Well its a Spanish site so I can't comment. Maybe you should check out the Spanish version, maybe something lost in translation.:thumb

Spain requires the warning sign if the load protrudes beyond the width of the vehicle, so not needed when the rack is folded without bikes. Info directly from chief of police in my area.
Just to clarify, yes, the warning sign is required when the bike rack is in use, including rack mounted bags even if they don't protrude on the sides. Not required when the rack is not in use and folded.

Inthink it's
We have also held off buying a bike rack as like others we dislike the Quasimodo T6 rack, I personally think the T5 rack looks like it is meant to fit whereas the Quasimodo rack looks like something aftermarket you picked up at halfords.
I think it's most interesting to note that the new rack seems to carry the bikes about 10cm lower than the old one. I take a big hit on milage, about 22%, with bikes on my Fiamma Pro, which is positioned like the T5 rack (I will get to the modification to mount the bikes with front wheels off to keep below roofline!). I suspect improving aerodynamics and therefor milage is behind the redesign.