Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Question.....So when your California reaches build?

I had an email from SMG today. Code 30, which apparently means its on its way to the port in Germany.
Thats a week 45 build (6th November). I was also told earlier in the week via Live chat that it was built but hadn't moved off code 20 at that time. So as its the 16th today I'd say build has taken 8 days or less.
SMG Tonbridge expecting it within 14 days.:thumb
Now @ChrisS
It's kind of spooky that your post was at 11.08pm yesterday and the e-mail from my dealer appears to have come in at 11.08am today....what you think about that then eh?
Spooky indeed!

Anyway, it's good to hear that your dealer is expecting about 14 days. That timescale is quicker than what others have said to me but I'm prepared to believe it! I'll give vw a call next week to see if there's an update on mine. Will Christmas come early?

And finally, I guess I am now also concerned about what happens to diesels in the budget next week. Nothing hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mid December maybe????
Fingers crossed for you if you want it sooner.
I was thinking that mine could end up being 2018 regstered (obviously still a 67 plate) but I wouldn't be waiting for that small change unless it wasn't due until late december....
Actually I'd probably only wait if I had to!!

OK so here's the hyper stalker summary:

@Pete_Hampton - week 44 build
@2020 freedom - week 45 build
@Properjob - week 46 build
@ChrisS - week 46 build

Anyone else got one on order and finding it tricky to not be obsessed with finding out where theirs is in the process?

I'm not holding my breath for anything this side of Christmas to be honest. Have had conflicting info from various sources. If it arrives sooner then great, if it arrives after Christmas then I'll just try not to be too disappointed! :thumb

I haven't even got out of the starting blocks yet with mine!! Order accepted by the factory on 13th Nov, no build week yet. It was accepted earlier than that (I ordered late Oct) but I changed the colour to Silver from White, so it got 're-accepted' for build. What seems to have happened to the live chat? It keeps disappearing !! I could do with an update today.

I haven't even got out of the starting blocks yet with mine!! Order accepted by the factory on 13th Nov, no build week yet. It was accepted earlier than that (I ordered late Oct) but I changed the colour to Silver from White, so it got 're-accepted' for build. What seems to have happened to the live chat? It keeps disappearing !! I could do with an update today.
It will be with you in no time, I'm sure. :) I think the live chat thing is only available after 2pm. I just rang the main vw commercial vehicles customer services number, then option 6. Lady there was very helpful. Hope you get some news on your build soon.

Lets hope so! It says on the website that live chat is 2pm until 10pm (ie now!) and it sometimes appears and sometimes doesn't. I'll keep trying :)

Live chat is working for me right now.
I just checked in with Luke (bless him) informed me my California Ocean is waiting for a ship in the port at Emden.
The codes so far
20 = Confirmed build week
30 = In transport to Emden
36 = At the port not released for shipping
38 = Released for shipping

Anyone know the code for when I start to sleep again please?

I'm not sure i've ever seen the link for live chat. Which URL/Page are you seeing this on?

Spooky indeed!

Anyway, it's good to hear that your dealer is expecting about 14 days. That timescale is quicker than what others have said to me but I'm prepared to believe it! I'll give vw a call next week to see if there's an update on mine. Will Christmas come early?

And finally, I guess I am now also concerned about what happens to diesels in the budget next week. Nothing hopefully.

Expect pre Euro 4 to be targets as per the LEZ policy.

Live chat is working for me right now.
I just checked in with Luke (bless him) informed me my California Ocean is waiting for a ship in the port at Emden.
The codes so far
20 = Confirmed build week
30 = In transport to Emden
36 = At the port not released for shipping
38 = Released for shipping

ZZ

Out of interest - how quickly did all of your orders go from being accepted by the factory to given a build week?

I'm just wondering if there is something holding mine up getting a build week? Maybe something I have specced on my van?

I'm not sure i've ever seen the link for live chat. Which URL/Page are you seeing this on?
This
https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/models/california.html#

1 of 3 things happen.
1) It's either not there (in the bottom right hand corner)
2) It's there but when you expand it there are errors instead of text feilds
3) It's there and the text feilds display properly, in which case you just fill it out and ask for an order progress update. the advisor will ask for your order number and do the rest.

I order an Ocean back in Sep and would love to be in position to stalk but I don’t have an order number. Any idea where I could find it? I do know my build week was week 45, so I’m guessing the vehicle is either code 30,36 or 38?

Here’s hoping it’s code 38

Check with your dealer.

Once my order was accepted they emailed me the order confirmation from VW.

I order an Ocean back in Sep and would love to be in position to stalk but I don’t have an order number. Any idea where I could find it? I do know my build week was week 45, so I’m guessing the vehicle is either code 30,36 or 38?

Here’s hoping it’s code 38

I’ve received an order form but can’t see any order number. I’ll give the deal a call to see if they can provide it

Well if there are any week 45er's or earlier and expecting your Cali to go to Grimsby, I'd suggest it may be on it's way.
The WESER HIGHWAY Vehicle transporter left Emden this afternoon and is expected in Grimsby tomorrow at 16:30hrs.
I sort of hope mine isn't on it but can't check right now as I have the error message on Live chat!! because I fear it may take longer to come from Grimsby to SMG than Emden to SMG via sheerness.

Next codes to look forward to:
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to ...[your dealership]
70 = Vehicle arrived at ...[your dealership]

xx = on your driveway
zz = you asleep in your California :thumb

Are you perhaps a code 39 Pete???

Are you perhaps a code 39 Pete???
Yup I am all as sea!!!

Not sure just yet, might on a ship or still at the port, I'll check in on Monday. Another week has ticked by.

If it's via Grimsby, rather that Sheerness, I am sure it's only an overnight drive by the transporter to the South East. The screen dump from our dealer does show our order is/was planned for a Sheerness arrival. We shall see...

Not long for you now then :thumb
Yes not a problem once moving I'm sure but when I spoke to SMG Tonbridge it's much easier for them (obviously) when it's sheerness, so I guess it's the dealers have to do what ever it takes to get the vehicles from the port. So if it gets held in the port of entry for any time, I'd want mine to be in Sheerness.
But the way it's been going lately (and I don't want to tempt fate) things are happening pretty quickly anyroad.

Dealer has checked and mine (wk45) is currently being finished off at the California section of the factory.....Check Point 7. Check point 8 will indicate it has been complete and is out and on its way to the port, that should be this week. :)

Dealer has checked and mine (wk45) is currently being finished off at the California section of the factory.....Check Point 7. Check point 8 will indicate it has been complete and is out and on its way to the port, that should be this week. :)
Wow check points eh? I never got that level of detail.

Not long for you now then :thumb
Heard today that we are at Code 40 - inbound to the dealership this week.
I don't know what ship it was on, that all happened to fast. It arrived at the UK port on 17th, so I wasn't able to hyper-stalk it across the North Sea by Marine Traffic dot Com.

Now fingers crossed we haven't just ordered a washing machine by mistake due to a horrible mix up between VW and Bosch, one faulty barcode and that could spell dis-as-ter.

Thats great Pete!!

I have just finished talking with my friends on the live chat (I might be talking to them more than my family :eek: )

And I am code 39
:bananadance2:pinkbanana
Boarded the MAKASSAR HIGHWAY today. Here is the typical turnaround so should be in port by Wednesday.

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 15.18.12.png

my friends on the live chat
Will Ismahil be staying for Christmas?
Will you be nipping up to Sheerness tomorrow morning with ticker tape and a brass band to welcome the MAKASSAR HIGHWAY into port? Of course if you had a Camper Van you could go tonight and be there bright and early!
Top stalking marks for tracking down the name of the cargo ship.

Back