Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rattle from fold out hob in Beech T6.1 2023

S

Snadiepuss1980

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi Folks,
Im a newbie to the world of VW campers so my question might be naive. However do any of you know of a way of stopping, reducing or dampening the rattle noise that comes from the fold out hob unit while I’m driving. I think it is the springs that help the hob fold out if the compartment where the door if the left would normally be. Any help or advice would be welcome…. even if it’s “that’s a noise you’re going to have to get used to!!”
Cheers, Adrian

Mine rattled a bit so I put a thin piece of foam under the lid which seams to have done the trick. Although my roof hatch makes a very annoying creaking noise so I now just have my music louder when driving!

Mine rattled a bit so I put a thin piece of foam under the lid which seams to have done the trick. Although my roof hatch makes a very annoying creaking noise so I now just have my music louder when driving!
A little bit of self adhesive Velcro (the fluffy part) stuck on several places on the recessed runner / roof access aperture helps keep the tambour panel In place and reduce creaks !

Hi Folks,
Im a newbie to the world of VW campers so my question might be naive. However do any of you know of a way of stopping, reducing or dampening the rattle noise that comes from the fold out hob unit while I’m driving. I think it is the springs that help the hob fold out if the compartment where the door if the left would normally be. Any help or advice would be welcome…. even if it’s “that’s a noise you’re going to have to get used to!!”
Cheers, Adrian

foam / self adhesive draught excluder etc for rattles that can’t be fixed, check the internal panel is actually pushed fully onto thePush fit fixings

Back