Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rattle

Rololux

Rololux

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I recently had my earwax removed, and my hearing has improved so much I am now aware of every tiny sound! It's probably been there for ages, but now there is a rattle coming from somewhere under the passenger seat, and try as I might, I cannot locate the offending part. Any ideas, bearing in mind it's LHD?

I recently had my earwax removed, and my hearing has improved so much I am now aware of every tiny sound! It's probably been there for ages, but now there is a rattle coming from somewhere under the passenger seat, and try as I might, I cannot locate the offending part. Any ideas, bearing in mind it's LHD?
Can they put the earwax back in? ;)

A tip - has worked for me many times. Always look at the opposite side of from where you think the noise is coming. It is funny what you will find. The noise from other places can get amplified by parts of the furniture in the Cali.

Arm rests ? Use the arm rest height adjuster to take up any slack in the thread, it can sound like it’s coming from under the seat

Can they put the earwax back in? ;)
Gory details - before removing the wax, you have to put in liquid that softens it, and leave it for a few days. This has the effect of making you pretty much completely deaf - it was so quiet, it felt like I had an electric Cali! Then when the wax came out, I started hearing frequencies that I have not heard for decades! Apart from the rattle, I’m happy to be appreciating music properly again!

Rattles hardly ever come from where you think.
Try unwinding the awning 1-2ft and then closing it.

obviously check the sliding table is locked in properly.

If there’s one thing you can guarantee on a Campervan. It will eventually develop a rattle from at least 50 different places…
Have you tried turning the stereo up?

Back