Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Bench seat

Trojax

Trojax

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
So looking at the 6.1 Cali the rear seat rails go back into the boot area, but when the bed board is removed the seat does not go all the way back is this normal as it seems to have a stopper in the rail..

Normal, you are correct there is a stopper in the rail. If you remove it you can get the bench back to the point where the headrests are right under the overhead locker.

Ok all whilst tis is a good thing to do it does cause other issues, sooo I need someone to measure me the position of the stopper please as I am going back to stock as now understand why they are fitted LOL....Can someone measure from the red line to the head of the stopper for me. Note the head is under the rubber

IMG_5855.jpeg

If you want total flexibility on the position of the rear bench I believe you can just leave them out without any issues. Sorry, can’t measure mine as the van is fully loaded.

If you want total flexibility on the position of the rear bench I believe you can just leave them out without any issues. Sorry, can’t measure mine as the van is fully loaded.
Hi Grumpy many thanks for the reply enjoy if your away

Can I pick up on this thread since I am intending to replace our trusty Beach with a ’last of the line’ Ocean .
One of the real attractions of the Beach has been the versatility which comes with the multitude of positions for the rear bench (3 seat in this case ) . When camping , we tend to store much of our stuff in a pop up tent and push the bench right back to give a very commodious living area while we sleep up top. If this can’t be done in an Ocean I think that we might be quite disappointed with the more constrained space .

So what then is the issue with removal of the rear seat stop? I ask because it seems that the OP reverted to the original position having understood the rationale for it .

Any advice on this or thoughts generally about Ocean v Beach rear space much appreciated since this is an important part of the buying decision.

Can I pick up on this thread since I am intending to replace our trusty Beach with a ’last of the line’ Ocean .
One of the real attractions of the Beach has been the versatility which comes with the multitude of positions for the rear bench (3 seat in this case ) . When camping , we tend to store much of our stuff in a pop up tent and push the bench right back to give a very commodious living area while we sleep up top. If this can’t be done in an Ocean I think that we might be quite disappointed with the more constrained space .

So what then is the issue with removal of the rear seat stop? I ask because it seems that the OP reverted to the original position having understood the rationale for it .

Any advice on this or thoughts generally about Ocean v Beach rear space much appreciated since this is an important part of the buying decision.
I don’t have a clue as to why anyone would bother to put the rear stop back in.
The only thing you need to be aware of is that to push the seat back, you will need to remove the rear shelf. The standard Ocean shelf does not fold , you either have it in or out.

Thanks for this Andy, appreciated. I couldn’t quite see how there could be an issue with stop removal , despite the earlier posting .
The non folding shelf is frustrating given that the dreaded Beach multi flex board does fold to allow greater push back distance. I haven’t seen any after market alternatives for the Ocean rear shelf and can only assume that there aren‘t any unless anyone can tell me otherwise .

Thanks for this Andy, appreciated. I couldn’t quite see how there could be an issue with stop removal , despite the earlier posting .
The non folding shelf is frustrating given that the dreaded Beach multi flex board does fold to allow greater push back distance. I haven’t seen any after market alternatives for the Ocean rear shelf and can only assume that there aren‘t any unless anyone can tell me otherwise .
I believe - according to the vw California supplement manual. that the T6.1 2 seat bench beach has a rear shelf that fits the ocean but has a fold up flap of about 6 inches on the front edge. Ive seen one, but not tried it in an Ocean.

As Andy's said - I dont understand the logic of putting it back in.

You could argue that it's also there from a safety perspective RE some kind of crash test and the risk of the wardrobe area coming too far forward into the living area; but that's a straw clutch.