Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear left panel part

Moral of this saga is to get VW assistance to remove the wheel if you suffer a puncture.
Which in my case was bull$t. I got a call back from other company WV assistance found within 2-3 hours close to midnight. And their question pretty cleared it all. "Do you STILL need help?"

My moral lesson learned. NEVER rely on any warranties assistances insurances etc.
Get decent tools, learn how to make most essential repairs. Learn your vehicle and how it works.
All this modern consumerism made us lazy and stupid getting caught in most nonsense situations.
As I already shared in the previous topic, I highly recommend to get a hydraulic bottle jack. Throw away the original tire wrench and get a good old X one.
Try and remove the tires on your current vehicle, learn it. Don't wait till you get caught in the emergency situation.
Get a cheap and most valuable tire plug repair kit. Can literally save your life.

Just checked the panel carefully. And it seems like half a vehicle. It goes all the way from the bottom and to the roof. The left side all the way to the front door.
If they plan to replace this panel, it is like half a vehicle reassemble along with hookup socket, windows etc :)

VW dealer would have to do a full panel replacement to comply with VW/Audi contractual obligations.
As mentioned previously an independent repairer should be able to do a repair using mainly filler. I previously had a hit & run to the same area on a car (bigger dent) which was repaired with no panel replacement, no it wasn't possible to see the repair.

Yes major work indeed mine had to have the door and wing removed then the inner and outer sill and door framework cut and welded in half way up behind the dashboard. But it was the only way to keep the body and paint warranties in tact .

A big question if it is worth it to make such huge repair due to paint warranty.
I suppose fixing it in some garage won't even show any signs of repair and leaving VW unaware there was some.
Jeez, this is my first vehicle when I wish the warranty ends sooner. So much butt pain..

Never noticed before but I see that a Heavy Duty Jack is an optional extra in the price list. Since Cali's are near or at maximum load weight perhaps that should be on the must have order/purchase list.

Back