Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Refrigerator

Richard Hurst

Richard Hurst

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
hi. My van is 3 months old and the fridge has been working fine. Not had it in for the last month or so and yesterday put it on ready for a trip today. Set it to 4 on the scale. Got in this morning and noticed it wasn’t cold or making a noise. If I switch the temperature to 6 it comes on and I hear it humming. It I put it back to 4 or 5 it goes quiet. Is something wrong?

It probally is cold enough inside the Cali so setting 4 will not switch the fridge on .
If it switch on using setting 6 it means your fridge is working so i would not worry.

It probally is cold enough inside the Cali so setting 4 will not switch the fridge on .
If it switch on using setting 6 it means your fridge is working so i would not worry.
He says the fridge is not cold , normally at setting 4 it is definitely feeling cold inside the fridge , I advise to put a thermometer inside fridge and measure ..because 'cold' is a vague description. If it was freezing outside or near 0 deg the fridge may not work as expected under normal ambient conditions.
These are the European climate classes for domestic refrigeration units:
N (Normal) Class = +16°C to +32°C ambient room temperature
SN (Sub Normal) Class = +10°C to +32°C ambient room temperature
ST (Sub Tropical) Class = +18°C to +38°C ambient room temperature
T (Tropical) Class = +18°C to +43°C ambient room temperature
As you can clearly see there is no rating that would allow normal operation below 10°C in any circumstance.
The fridge is not defective but nevertheless not working properly under cold conditions..