Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Remap

Anyone had their 150ps DSG remapped ?
I've had my Cali 150 DSG for a month and can't see a need to remap however would love to hear from anyone who has done it Extra power always attractive.

I would be VERY cautious about that one. I'm no mechanical expert, but I have observed a friend have his T5 remapped and then have no end of trouble with it. It seems to me that these modern engines are tuned to get the most out of them and have less "margin for error" or tolerance than in days of yore.

Charles

I assume you have to declare to your insurance?
Does remapping affect the warranty?

I would be VERY cautious about that one. I'm no mechanical expert, but I have observed a friend have his T5 remapped and then have no end of trouble with it. It seems to me that these modern engines are tuned to get the most out of them and have less "margin for error" or tolerance than in days of yore.

Charles
I would imagine while modern engines are tuned to get the best out of them I think this may just be in the 'test lab' rather than in the real world.

Remap is definately an insurance issue as it is a modification.
Warranty excludes unauthorised software so it may depend on whether it is a reprogramming of the ECU or just tweaking settings within the existing software.
I'm not sure I would risk it within warranty as my 150 is fine for my use.

Hi all.
Sorry to tag this one in but I was thinking of doing the same to my 2012 se (23k on the clock). I had my T5 (2.5) conversion remapped by Pendle performance- it made a hell of difference. Has anyone had their T5.1 done?

Morning all,

I’ve had my T5.1 re-mapped from factory 140hp to approximately 178hp. What a difference, in conjunction with the DSG box the van is now effortless to drive. Before it was laboured and felt like I was thrashing it traveling normally.

Morning all,

I’ve had my T5.1 re-mapped from factory 140hp to approximately 178hp. What a difference, in conjunction with the DSG box the van is now effortless to drive. Before it was laboured and felt like I was thrashing it traveling normally.
Who did you use?

Who did you use?
If you look around the net Pendle are highly recommended for VW remaps.

Having said that, your van is still in under warranty, so it would be wise to put a remap off until the 3 years are up.

Alan

I've looked into remapping my 2.0TDI 140 both for power and fuel economy. However, the more research I do the more I'm put off o_O
They are a mod so will need declaring to insurance, some remaps cause issues come MOT time due to emissions etc. Also, if you go back to do the Main dealers for any reason, when it is plugged in it will automatically re-remap it back to standard mapping so that's money wasted. There are switchable maps so you can swap between the two settings but not sure who does these.
Saying all that, I'm still considering one!