Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement windscreen clarification request

nigpdreadingfc

nigpdreadingfc

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I'm going to need the windscreen replaced.on my 2020 6.1 Cali Ocean.
I've read through the various related threads of other's experiences of having done the same, but would just like to ask for some clarification, if I may?
The windscreen is the insulated, heated spec and I also have high-beam assist.
I will be asking for a VW OEM replacement windscreen, so that I am no worse off than before the "stone incident".
Am I right in saying that if I get the OEM replacement, there will be no need to recode the high-beam assist?
Are there any other watch-outs to be aware of before I get the insurance company to organise the replacement? TIA

Last edited:
It would be normal to have the ADAS (advanced driver-assistance system) features re-calibrated after a windscreen change.

I will be asking for a VW OEM replacement windscreen, so that I am no worse off than before the "stone incident".
Read your insurance handbook first.
You may find that if you don't accept their normal fitters fitting whatever they have in stock that your insurers may only pay for the first £500 on any windscreen claim, or some other arbitrary limit they put on it.

It would be normal to have the ADAS (advanced driver-assistance system) features re-calibrated after a windscreen change.
That's interesting. I can understand the high beam assist needing recalibrating, because of the sensor location, but I'm unsure as to how things like lane assist, ACC etc would be connected to the windscreen.
I need to improve my knowledge as to how these driver aids work

My old (2017 T6 beach) the window fitter managed to shear off one of the wiper shafts trying to undo the nut to get the wiper arm off!. Apparently quite common problem . Hopefully won’t be a problem but might be worth putting some plus gas or wd40 etc on it to soak beforehand !

Back