Replacing the seal around the opening of the sliding door

fozzybear

fozzybear

fozzybear63
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,
Looks like I need to replace the seal around the opening of the sliding door on my T5 California. Any advice out there. Specifically, is this a DIY job or do I need to take it ino the garage. If DIY, where can I get a seal from and do I need a genuine part.

Many thanks for any help.

Hi,
Looks like I need to replace the seal around the opening of the sliding door on my T5 California. Any advice out there. Specifically, is this a DIY job or do I need to take it ino the garage. If DIY, where can I get a seal from and do I need a genuine part.

What's wrong with it ? It may be possible to repair it, depending on the problem.

The 'flappy' bit on the top has come away from the main body of the seal - as a 'temporary' fix i have used some double sided tape. I have attached a photo of the problem. Any thoughts

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi,

Part 32. Scroll down for VW Part Number.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl...843/subcategory/843050/part_id/3723459/lang/e

Google 7E0843792

Vary in price from £65 to £95 for genuine VW part.

Thanks WelshGas - anyone fitted one? Looking at an 1 1/2 labour with VW.