Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reversing lights not working

R

Rob1972

Vehicle
Cali now sold
After spending the best part of the weekend fitting a reversing camera I've now discovered that the reversing lights on my T5 don't work. They didn't work before I wired in the camera so it isn't that.

I've tried looking up reasons for this and I can only see that there could be a faulty reverse switch. This seems to probably be the cause because I've realised the parking sensors never came on automatically when selecting reverse. Nobody seems to show where this switch is located and I can't see it by looking around under the bonnet. Can anyone show me exactly where this is located?

Is there anything else I should look for?

Thanks

Have You checked to see if the fuse is ok?

Thanks @ArunAlec - it was the fuse! In my manual there doesn't seem to be a fuse listed for the reverse lights so by checking continuity of all the fuses I found a blown 10A fuse and have replaced it and now it is working.

For future reference I believe the reverse switch is behind the undertray on the bottom of the gearbox which is why I couldn't see it from above.

Thanks @ArunAlec - it was the fuse! In my manual there doesn't seem to be a fuse listed for the reverse lights so by checking continuity of all the fuses I found a blown 10A fuse and have replaced it and now it is working.

For future reference I believe the reverse switch is behind the undertray on the bottom of the gearbox which is why I couldn't see it from above.
Well done! Had a look at the fuse table and couldn’t see the reverse lights either.

Well done! Had a look at the fuse table and couldn’t see the reverse lights either.
Hi, I was reading this post with interest as I have the same problem. Can you tell me please, which fuse it was that had blown ?
thank you ;)

Hi, I was reading this post with interest as I have the same problem. Can you tell me please, which fuse it was that had blown ?
thank you ;)
@Rob1972 is the fella that found the fuse..... not me.

@Rob1972 is the fella that found the fuse..... not me.
oh ok thanks

thank you ;)

thank you ;)
Try here, 10 amp fuse in fusebox SB, in front of engine battery.
Screenshot_20210316_103531.jpg
Screenshot_20210316_103440.jpg

Sorry for missing this. Glad you sorted it. It was a fuse in the internal fuse holder on mine so I wouldn't have been much help anyway!

Back