Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rns 510, navigation without radio/media?

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Westafalia club joker
Is it possible to run the Sat Nav function without having the radio or media playing? Like a stand alone like Tom Tom? I could cheat and select Aux with no input but that seems a bit long winded! Or just turn the volume down?

Is it possible to run the Sat Nav function without having the radio or media playing? Like a stand alone like Tom Tom? I could cheat and select Aux with no input but that seems a bit long winded! Or just turn the volume down?
Just turn the Media/Radio volume down. The Sat Nav volume is controlled separately.

(Quite a few 'if's in the following - apologies in advance).

If you have a MFSW and if you don't have Voice Control activated then I believe the default functionality for the microphone button on the steering wheel controls is as a MUTE button. If you don't have MFSW then, if you have a '*' button on the RNS510 (top-right corner on fascia), then (again if you don't have Voice Control activated) this might also work as a mute button (I have read that this might need to be configured).

If you are lucky, you might find that this will mute just the radio without affecting Sat Nav guidance (and without having to twiddle with the volume control).

Last edited:
(Quite a few 'if's in the following - apologies in advance).

If you have a MFSW and if you don't have Voice Control activated then I believe the default functionality for the microphone button on the steering wheel controls is as a MUTE button. If you don't have MFSW then, if you have a '*' button on the RNS510 (top-right corner on fascia), then (again if you don't have Voice Control activated) this might also work as a mute button (I have read that this might need to be configured).

If you are lucky, you might find that this will mute just the radio without affecting Sat Nav guidance (and without having to twiddle with the volume control).
Yes to MFSW and Voice! So it looks its twiddling the volume knob!

Back