Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof not closing

C

cajunflyer

VIP Member
My roof isn’t closing.

sitting about 2 inches proud front right corner. I found the black plastic clip snapped and in gulley. But the hook (second picture) now has witness marks.

any ideas? We are supposed to be leaving site this morning.

22A28624-9B2C-42A7-9737-25B2BE88F9BC.jpeg

3EF33AD9-7D03-4F0B-B6FC-9BB21524AB1A.jpeg

Should also say roof not looks slightly lower on passenger side.

and it worked fine yesterday. No blockages. No issues

My roof isn’t closing.

sitting about 2 inches proud front right corner. I found the black plastic clip snapped and in gulley. But the hook (second picture) now has witness marks.

any ideas? We are supposed to be leaving site this morning.

View attachment 80992

View attachment 80993
I'm afraid not knowing which vehicle you have and which roof, manual or Hydraulic, all I can suggest is compare side to side, any difference?

Mine regularry would stat proud about 2" on drivers side only. I sprayed some silicone polish (thetford loo seal spray) onto the upper roof scissor slider as this needs to slide forward to allow the roof to lower. At same time i sprayed all hinge pivots. Worked roof up and down several times then wiped excess spray off all parts. Has since not had a problem, repeated 6monthly at same time as flushing water through roof drains.

Mine regularry would stat proud about 2" on drivers side only. I sprayed some silicone polish (thetford loo seal spray) onto the upper roof scissor slider as this needs to slide forward to allow the roof to lower. At same time i sprayed all hinge pivots. Worked roof up and down several times then wiped excess spray off all parts. Has since not had a problem, repeated 6monthly at same time as flushing water through roof drains.
Will get some Nik, never happened before , going off through Europe in 3 weeks, don’t want this to start. Especially abroad. Thanks for info. wonder if I have to replace the plastic broken piece.

I had one of those broke on mine for ages. Fits on the main lift scissor. Nothing to worry about. The bits were probably caught in the roof somewhere. Throw it away and enjoy the trip. Vw will post you a new clip they don't cost much

I had one of those broke on mine for ages. Fits on the main lift scissor. Nothing to worry about. The bits were probably caught in the roof somewhere. Throw it away and enjoy the trip. Vw will post you a new clip they don't cost much
great, feel bit better now. will get part when i return. thanks for reassurance.

Back