Sat Nav on 6.1

• Thread starter Darren Rawlings
  • Start date
D

Darren Rawlings

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Has any one worked out how to input a post code on the 6.1 sat nav ? If so, very well done and would you mind sharing thank you

And here...

Has any one worked out how to input a post code on the 6.1 sat nav ? If so, very well done and would you mind sharing thank you
If it’s anything like our Skoda sat nav, you have to delete any city/town/ road name from the screen, leave them all blank and just input the postcode via the postcode tab, and remember to use a space between the two sets of digits/letters. I’m sure there will be a YouTube vid out there for those new to VW group sat navs

If it’s anything like our Skoda sat nav, you have to delete any city/town/ road name from the screen, leave them all blank and just input the postcode by the postcode tab, and remember to use a space between the two sets of digits/letters. I’m sure there will be a YouTube vid out there for those new to VW group sat navs
Totally agree. It was a struggle to find how to input the post code in my T6. Once I worked it out it was easy. But a pain in the ... until I did...

Yes, just type mine in and it finds it straight away......??
As in type post code in to the top bar ?
If it’s anything like our Skoda sat nav, you have to delete any city/town/ road name from the screen, leave them all blank and just input the postcode via the postcode tab, and remember to use a space between the two sets of digits/letters. I’m sure there will be a YouTube vid out there for those new to VW group sat navs
thank you Theres no post code tab Just a location tab Still searching for a youtube video

Anyone worked out how to cancel navigation mid way through?

As in type post code in to the top bar ?

thank you Theres no post code tab Just a location tab Still searching for a youtube video
ahh, ok, our satnav is 5 years old, probably VW updated things , someone on here should be able to talk you through it, it’s a very different way from a Garmin, Google or Apple maps though,

Anyone worked out how to cancel navigation mid way through?
If you hold you hand near the bottom of the screen a bar comes up with headlights (day / night) options. Underneath it is another option, stop route guidance.

Hi Darren,

If its the same as the GC,
Press Nav.
hover hand over screen then press on hand symbol
enter PC into search bar
select address from options below search bar (including Lat & Long if confident on PC)
on ”detail screen” press start.

There may be possibly other ways to input but this works for us.

Hope this helps.

Will

Our Cali is the first vehicle we have had with the ability to use Android Auto. Just brilliant. I don't bother with the VW sat nav now. I know that wasn't your question but Google Maps, imho, is far superior to VW's offering.

From memory,I think I had a similar problem, until I set my profile up...or I think I did something like that and then it was fine.

Our Cali is the first vehicle we have had with the ability to use Android Auto. Just brilliant. I don't bother with the VW sat nav now. I know that wasn't your question but Google Maps, imho, is far superior to VW's offering.
I have to agree with Subthree, we use the Apple CarPlay feature on our system and the maps app is so simple to use, looks better than the VW version too. Probably one of the stand out features of the Cali for me. I also like the way it puts up on screen notifications when you receive text and WhatsApp messages, reads them to you and allows you to reply by voice. I haven’t used the android version but I’m guessing it works the same way.

Agree with the CarPlay and Android Auto users. I have used Android Auto since 2016. They do show up the in-car SatNavs as outdated and clumsy. Even if SatNav was a no cost option, I would avoid it as unnecessary clutter if Android Auto was present.

On a 6.1 you can also import a destination via WeConnect from the comfort of your sofa.
Bit of a time lag first time I used it but been reliable since.

Back