Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sea to Summit Comfort Deluxe Inflating Mattress

No doubt a silly question but am I correct in thinking the sea to summit Campervan mattress works for the Ocean rather than a Beach?

Thanks!

Looking on the Sea to Summit site it looks like the valves are at the foot end. If so how is it for deflating and inflating?

Yesterday we were excited to have the Sea to Summit mattress delivered - but it's too big and no corner cut out! Ordered it from Bikester - a German company. They don't provide a phone number so I'm hoping they will respond swiftly to my email. I dont have a good feeling about this!

Grrr ...

Yesterday we were excited to have the Sea to Summit mattress delivered - but it's too big and no corner cut out! Ordered it from Bikester - a German company. They don't provide a phone number so I'm hoping they will respond swiftly to my email. I dont have a good feeling about this!

Grrr ...
That's a shame. I ordered the camper S2S mattress from them in the summer and then needed to return it (as I had bought one second-hand) and their communication was excellent.

Looking on the Sea to Summit site it looks like the valves are at the foot end. If so how is it for deflating and inflating?
Yes, it would be better if the valves were at the other end! However, I pop the tailgate and go outside to inflate. In the morning it doesn't really matter which end the valves are at. Still an awesome bit of kit.

The valves are at the cut-out end. I found it self-inflates quite quickly and then I added a couple of puffs to inflate it a bit more for comfort. I do this in the van so there's no hassle with getting wet in the rain! In the morning it is deflated a little to fold into three. I then store it in a zipped canvas chair bag that fits perfectly on the back shelf. It then makes inflating for the next night really quick.

Order placed with S2S, £250, let’s see if they are really in stock ….. next working day delivery.

That's a shame. I ordered the camper S2S mattress from them in the summer and then needed to return it (as I had bought one second-hand) and their communication was excellent.
Oh that’s reassuring! Don’t suppose you got a phone number?

Oh that’s reassuring! Don’t suppose you got a phone number?
No tel numbers were provided. But Krystyna in Customer Services was very helpful.
Here is her response about my return.

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

I have sent you a prepaid return label and CN23 customs form in a separate email and
advise you to review the following instructions.

Please use the return label sent to you in a separate email for the return shipment, and
deliver the package to your nearest post office. Please note, we are unable to send you a
paper copy of this to you in the mail and we only pay for the shipping costs when you use
our return label. We kindly ask you to also fill in the return form and add this to the contents
package.

The return label needs to be attached to the outside of the package along with one copy of
the CN23 form. The return form needs to be enclosed in the package with the other copy of
the CN23 form. The CN23 form should be filled in to the best of your knowledge according to
the contents of the package using the information on your invoice and return label.

All returns must adhere to our returns standards, that is they must be perfectly clean without
any traces of wear. Additionally, please hold on to your postage receipt in case there is a
problem with the return shipment. As soon as we have received your return, the item will be
inspected and then a refund shall be processed to your account as long as the product
adheres to our returns standards. Please note, that we we cannot make exchanges due to
logistical limitations so if your request is based on a wish to change colour/size/model we
ask kindly that you place a new order of your desired item.

It is difficult to give you a specific time for when it will arrive. However, we wish to make it
clear that we always consider incoming packets a high priority and we do our best to handle
them as fast and efficient as possible.

How to fill in the CN23 form: https://www.bikester.co.uk/brexit-faqs.html
Locate your local post office: https://www.postoffice.co.uk/branch-finder

If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

No tel numbers were provided. But Krystyna in Customer Services was very helpful.
Here is her response about my return.

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

I have sent you a prepaid return label and CN23 customs form in a separate email and
advise you to review the following instructions.

Please use the return label sent to you in a separate email for the return shipment, and
deliver the package to your nearest post office. Please note, we are unable to send you a
paper copy of this to you in the mail and we only pay for the shipping costs when you use
our return label. We kindly ask you to also fill in the return form and add this to the contents
package.

The return label needs to be attached to the outside of the package along with one copy of
the CN23 form. The return form needs to be enclosed in the package with the other copy of
the CN23 form. The CN23 form should be filled in to the best of your knowledge according to
the contents of the package using the information on your invoice and return label.

All returns must adhere to our returns standards, that is they must be perfectly clean without
any traces of wear. Additionally, please hold on to your postage receipt in case there is a
problem with the return shipment. As soon as we have received your return, the item will be
inspected and then a refund shall be processed to your account as long as the product
adheres to our returns standards. Please note, that we we cannot make exchanges due to
logistical limitations so if your request is based on a wish to change colour/size/model we
ask kindly that you place a new order of your desired item.

It is difficult to give you a specific time for when it will arrive. However, we wish to make it
clear that we always consider incoming packets a high priority and we do our best to handle
them as fast and efficient as possible.

How to fill in the CN23 form: https://www.bikester.co.uk/brexit-faqs.html
Locate your local post office: https://www.postoffice.co.uk/branch-finder

If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask.
Many thanks KernowMaid - as they only refund guess I’ll go ahead like others here and order direct hoping they’ve got the stock! May yet have our mattress in time for our Christmas trip! :)

Just hope they don’t use Herpes to deliver! (My bins get emptied the day mine should be delivered).

• Haha
Reactions: Sad
Ordered it last night when it said 4 in stock and order confirmed. I’ve just received an email telling im getting a refund, no explanation.

Ordered it last night when it said 4 in stock and order confirmed. I’ve just received an email telling im getting a refund, no explanation.
That's a bugger! Who did you order from?

Me too - from PureMTN - though I did get an email to apologise and explain out of stock. Also, as I think others have mentioned above, Sea to Summit may not supply more until Spring 22. Hey ho

Back