Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sea to Summit Comfort Deluxe Inflating Mattress

Not sure I think much of the way the whole online selling process works (or doesn’t). I guess all the sellers are just middle men selling from a central warehouse and if the database isn’t too clever, the sellers online store isn’t getting updated to show items are out of stock.

PureMtn have just cancelled my order.
Spoke the the owner who was very apologetic and equally annoyed. S2S provided false delivery information which his automated system took on good faith. Apparently S2S only ships from China twice a year so, unless a store finds one lost in the corner, we will all need to wait.

Spoke the the owner who was very apologetic and equally annoyed. S2S provided false delivery information which his automated system took on good faith. Apparently S2S only ships from China twice a year so, unless a store finds one lost in the corner, we will all need to wait.
Thanks for letting us know Ian - Quite a contrast in customer service compared to Bikester - no telephone number available and no acknowledgement/apology for their mistake in sending me the wrong mattress, just a standard returns email. I notice that their website still shows the cut out version as available, though it refers to it as a "double". Beware. I suspect that they have none in stock as elsewhere.

According to DPD mine is with them for delivery tomorrow…. Ordered from S2S but they’re agent appears to be “The Mountain Boot Company“…… not holding my breath!

According to DPD mine is with them for delivery tomorrow…. Ordered from S2S but they’re agent appears to be “The Mountain Boot Company“…… not holding my breath!

I ordered direct from s2s and my dpd app is showing a tracked parcel from the mountain boot co for Del tomorrow. S2s also sent an order completion mail so I am confident it’s en route. Just the luck of the draw I guess - I hope most of the orders are fulfilled!

You’d think given demand they would endeavour to make / ship more frequently.

That's a bugger! Who did you order from?
PureMtn.
I’m not the first and I’m sure I won’t be the last they do it to. It was an impulse purchase after one too many glasses of Cabalie so I’m quite relieved. We sleep up top with a Dunelm topper over the vw mattress and are very comfy up there so don’t really need one.

DPD ….. “ delivery between 1338 & 1438” …… arrived 1339!
Now to inflate .

Just leave the thing alone for a day or two. It was probably made months ago in China and vacuum packed ever since.
Mines come flat as the proverbial pancake. Thanks for the advice I’ll leave if for a few days on the spare bed.

Christened mine Boxing Day (night) impressed! Used a manual pump to firm it up and deflate but had to do a small “enhancement” with some amalgamating tape to get a good seal….

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back