Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Secret favourite pub

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I know of a cosy pub in Newnham on Severn Gloucestershire - The Railway Inn - that sells real great beer, is the cider pub of the year every year, has an indian restaurant upstairs, is in a beautiful village on the river severn, has live music on most weekends, the locals are fun and welcoming, you can park up anywhere in the village / close to the river for free, its on the edge of the forest of dean / Wye valley and has a lovely open fire.

We like to scoot off at weekends and find pubs similar to The Railway Inn - we particularly like lively fun and live music, and would be interested to hear if anyone has similar secret pubs

Hunters Lodge Priddy

On the Mendip Hills just North of Wells

Been mentioned on here before.

Guy who gave it 1 star for rudeness by the landlord was talking about Roger. He is wrong, he just doesn’t get his sense of humour.
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...he_Hunters_Lodge-Priddy_Somerset_England.html

A proper pub. Go for the chilli and a pint of Butcombe.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

it used to be a regular haunt of mine when we lived in Shipham. Lovely place.

If I mentioned mine on here then they would no longer be secret :shocked

Current 12.127 members on the forum and counting.....
If 1% of them visits the place next fridayevening ....:Nailbiting

I know of a cosy pub in Newnham on Severn Gloucestershire - The Railway Inn - that sells real great beer, is the cider pub of the year every year, has an indian restaurant upstairs, is in a beautiful village on the river severn, has live music on most weekends, the locals are fun and welcoming, you can park up anywhere in the village / close to the river for free, its on the edge of the forest of dean / Wye valley and has a lovely open fire.

We like to scoot off at weekends and find pubs similar to The Railway Inn - we particularly like lively fun and live music, and would be interested to hear if anyone has similar secret pubs
I almost feel like the Railway Inn will be my first stop when I get my new Cali - it sounds fantastic !

Ok...

My secret pub.

East of Winchester. South Downs. just. Riverside (Itchen). Very wooded area next to a lovely little town. Lots of dog walks. Big car park, secluded, cosy, comfortable. Very dog friendly. Lovely atmosphere, food and liquid refreshment. A great place and a britstop.

Last edited:
Ok...

My secret pub.

East of Winchester. South Downs. just. Riverside (Itchen). Very wooded area next to a lovely little town. Lots of dog walks. Big car park, secluded, cosy, comfortable. Very dog friendly. Lovely atmosphere, food and liquid refreshment. A great place and a britstop. A great place for an overnight stop.
Guessing game???
I think I have it

In Northumberland and found a pub to add to our favourites list. The Ship Inn at Low Newton by-the-sea. Great beer and excellent food. Nice atmosphere and they have live music on some nights.
Lovely walk from Beadnell C&CC site (5 miles each way).

IMG_4493.jpeg

Last edited:
In Northumberland and found a pub to add to our favourites list. The Ship Inn at Low Newton by-the-sea. Great beer and excellent food. Nice atmosphere and they have live music on some nights.
Famous visitor in the past.

IMG_4519.jpeg

Nice little microbrewery on site. Have the food options changed or is it still pies only?

Old dungeon ghyll langdale. Stunning location. Great food. Can overnight in the car park. One of my favourites

View attachment 111550
Just one of our favourites. Park up at Embleton Golf Club (mega friendly and fab food) a links course and 2 min walk onto beach. Turn left for The Ship, right for Dunstanburgh Castle and onto Craster, awesome coastline

The Pheasant near Kielder is lovely too. Great food and friendly atmosphere.

Just one of our favourites. Park up at Embleton Golf Club (mega friendly and fab food) a links course and 2 min walk onto beach. Turn left for The Ship, right for Dunstanburgh Castle and onto Craster, awesome coastline
Best coastline in the world

Back