Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet June Meet - Lower Lode Inn Tewksbury - NOW FULL

Hopefully the sun will be there soon as it is here now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is the site I stayed on a few years ago, there is a fantastic view of the Irish Sea with superb sunsets as a backdrop.

Hope the weather is being kinder to you now. Simon

You used to be able to take the steam train to Aberystwyth and back from Devil's Bridge..

We stayed there a few weeks ago and did the steam train trip to Aberystwyth.

Thank you for organising this meet, it was a great weekend, good camping spot, the weather turned out ok, the pub staff were really friendly and welcoming and it was nice to chat with all you lovely cali owners.
looking forward to the next one :thumb

Superb weekend with wonerful company, my better half was worried about attending a meet thinking everyone would all be standing around in anoraks but how wrong she was, we now cant wait until the next one :)

I can't wait for the next one ..... I am ordering a new anorak especially for it.

This was our first outing, a trial run to test the Cali and my skills in all departments including bringing the essentials without too much stuff. It worked out very well and a lot was to do with the advice contained all over this sites forum. Invaluable!

We thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. I would like to thank the organisers for the effort they put into the organisation of the event that made everything run like clockwork. It was great to put faces to some of the members and found everyone friendly, approachable and helpful.

Now eagerly looking forward to the Weymouth meeting! In the meantime I got to plan and execute the summer excursions :happy.

Apologies to anyone I passed and confused by my late arrival on Sunday afternoon. (inc Martin I believe). I wasn't free 'til Sunday morning and stopped by en route to Devon.
Things went "Westy" after you all left
(mine and welshwesty.. Another late arrival). 20160620_193735.jpg

@T4WFA it was me that hooted at you on the road leading up to the lower lode, I then realised I was not in a Cali !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@T4WFA it was me that hooted at you on the road leading up to the lower lode, I then realised I was not in a Cali !
You had me checking if my bike was hanging off the back of the van, or looking for a crash ahead!

Apologies to anyone I passed and confused by my late arrival on Sunday afternoon. (inc Martin I believe). I wasn't free 'til Sunday morning and stopped by en route to Devon.
Things went "Westy" after you all left
(mine and welshwesty.. Another late arrival). View attachment 14582
I thought I saw you arrive but I wasn't completely sure!

View attachment 14588

From almost the same spot as @SimonB photo after everyone had gone...
Hi Alison
Awaiting delivery our cherry red Ocean (according to dealer, at port awaiting transport to Glasgow since 10/6) and trying to figure out best driveaway awning. Is the one in your photo the Vango Keela 3 low? It looks ace with your silver Ocean and I think the grey would contrast with our cherry red quite well. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thank you.
Wullie

Hi Alison
Awaiting delivery our cherry red Ocean (according to dealer, at port awaiting transport Glasgow since 10/6) and trying to figure out best driveaway awning. Is the one in your photo the Vango Kela 3 low? It looks ace with your silver Ocean and I think the grey would contrast with our cherry red quite well. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thank you.
Wullie

Mine is a vango kela 2 standard (last year). The 3 has an extra awning out the front. Looks good but has metal pole and takes up more room on a pitch (I enter via the side doors so wouldn't use it). So beware what you order...
If I have help getting mine into the rail (with or without drive away kit) I can have it all set up, and pegged down etc within an hour, including getting the topper on. Ditto for reversing the procedure. So with 2 people it could be a lot quicker.
I love it and haven't regretted it a single moment. If you have more questions just ask or send a PM.
Cheers

Thanks for replying, must look at the Kela 2, don't know that we would use the front entrance either, thanks again.
Wullie

View attachment 14588

From almost the same spot as @SimonB photo after everyone had gone...
Looks very different @AlisonF . I'm almost surprised no one parked next to you. When there were only Borris' & our California on the front, right at the far end furthest from the pub, someone parked between us in the space our awnings had covered.

20160619_140205.jpg

Looks very different @AlisonF . I'm almost surprised no one parked next to you. When there were only Borris' & our California on the front, right at the far end furthest from the pub, someone parked between us in the space our awnings had covered.

View attachment 14630
Should have put your awnings back up over it! :D

Should have put your awnings back up over it! :D
Now that would have been tempting, wish we'd thought of it.
He was surprised that we found it funny that with a whole field to park in, he had squeezed between us.

Someone mentioned another meet at the Lower Lode in October, what are the dates please?

Sadly this will not be going ahead now, unless we have anyone who fancies volunteering for the weekend in return for a free pitch?

Now that would have been tempting, wish we'd thought of it.
He was surprised that we found it funny that with a whole field to park in, he had squeezed between us.
I'd assumed it was someone you knew - a bit bizarre otherwise...!